Chapter 14

There was something tickling El's back, across her shoulder and then to her neck. With a huff she tried to shift away but a warm hand wrapped around her waist and pulled her back, something warm and solid pressing up against the back of her bare skin. Her eyes blinked open sleepily and she felt herself smile softly as she realized they were tickly kisses, the arm squeezing her gently from behind.

Mike.

"Mmmmmnnno," she groaned, hiding her face in her pillow. "I'm sleeping."

"I've been waiting for you to wake up," he murmured into her ear, kissing her messy hair that was tangled everywhere.

She sighed but gave up and rolled over, looking up at his grinning face, his hair looking just as wild as hers, his arm still around her waist. It was Saturday morning and they'd been working extra shifts the past two weeks after their return from Hawkins. Weekends were less of luxury and more of a necessity, the two day break the only thing keeping them from going crazy.

But now, at least, they were tired together... for more than one reason.

"Good morning," he smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Hmph," she grumped. "What time is it?"

"Almost ten. I thought that was enough sleep? But I was hoping we could—"

"Three times last night wasn't enough?" she whined, feeling suddenly exhausted all over.

Mike laughed. "I was going to say I was hoping to take you out for breakfast, El." He kissed her nose. "You deserve something real fancy. Like IHOP."

She stared at him for a second and then she was laughing, slapping his chest and shaking her head at his stupid joke. He was grinning that stupid smug smile and she reached, her fingers tickling his side and wiping the grin right off of his face as he yelped. It turned into an all out tickle fight, both of them laughing and crying and begging the other to stop before El finally managed to pin him down, sitting on his stomach, the sheets completely tangled around them.

They'd already been pretty tangled. Since their reunion in his parent's basement, they'd hardly been able to keep their hands off of each other. El jumped him the second he walked through the door and for a few frantic, sweaty minutes they would forget their exhaustion as they once again reminded each other of their love and devotion.

Being that it had been the weekend, she had surprised him the previous night with that damn maid costume that had started the whole mess and it had turned into more of a marathon than a one and done kind of thing. She wasn't sure where the costume had ended up but she had a feeling it was ripped past repair this time, grinning down at her laughing fiancé as she kept him pinned to the bed.

"So you want to take me to IHOP? Are you tired of me always making you breakfast?" she challenged.

"...Maybe," he conceded, looking embarrassed. "I mean, after all your hard work, I feel like I should be the one treating you for once. And not a shitty, burned breakfast."

She kissed his cheek and climbed off of him, throwing her legs over the side of the bed and then stretching, not minding that she was pretty much naked. One of the cuffs of the costume had somehow managed to stay on her wrist, and she looked down at it and unsnapped it, letting it fall to the floor.

"You're really good at pouring cereal into a bowl," she teased him over her shoulder. "And toasting Eggos. No one makes Eggos better than you."

"Really?"

"Yes."

He sat up too, just as naked as she was, and then scooted himself behind her, pulling her close and kissing her neck, up to her ear. She leaned back against him automatically and let out a long sigh, her eyes fluttering shut at the feeling. Her hand went up, covering his that was resting on her shoulder, and he smiled at the ring that sparkled on her fourth finger. Part of him wanted to wrestle her back on the bed and throw her legs over his shoulders and make her feel good again, but she had sounded generally alarmed at the thought of going another round and he figured she deserved a break.