Chapter 14

Evan P.O.V

After the attack the rest of the week had been quite. I can tell my mother and aunt were both on edge. But I didn't want to spend my Saturday cooped up in the house so Adam offered to take me out into town.

"You ready to go?" Adam asked shoving his car keys into his jacket pocket. I nodded and followed him outside.

"Adam it would've been way better if we walked its such a nice day." I said while getting into the car. "Yeah but that'd leave us vulnerable." Adam said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I was about to lecture Adam but my phone buzzed. 

Scott: What time you want me to come by?
Me: Umm... you're coming over? 😳
Scott: To fix your sink remember dummy?
Me: O yeah lmao come by later I'm going to the diner in town with Adam right now
Scott: I'm in town too maybe we'll bump into each other 😉

I looked to Adam and smiled at him. "Whose got all your attention?" Adam curiously asked. "It's just Scott don't worry about it nosy." I said tapping his nose. "God I wanna kiss you." Adam said while looking at the road. I playfully rolled my eyes at his comment. 

***

We arrived in the small town at our usual diner. Adam opened the car door for me. "Jesus, Adam I'm not royalty." I said playfully. "Nope but you are my date today." He said slightly pinching my cheek. Me being Adam's date? I loved the sound of that.

We were just about to enter the diner when I saw a familiar big-haired blonde prostitude... I mean waitress outside the diner.

"Adam baby is that you?" She said quickly taking the cigarette out of her mouth and tossing it onto the floor then stepping on it with her heel. "I never thought I'd see you again." She said twirling her hair..... If you need a refresher this big-boob blonde is the same waitress from this diner who completely ignored my presence when I came here with Adam for the first time and then she tried to go home with us to fuck Adam.

"Ya... I kinda forgot you work here.. what you up to?" Adam asked her. I became slightly annoyed cause this was literally the same girl Adam tried to have sex with while I was with him and he's literally having a normal conversation with her right now as if that didn't happen.

"I'm on my break... definitely not smoking." She said giggling at herself attempting to make Adam laugh but Adam just smiled. And like always she just ignored my presence. "Well I think we're gonna go inside now... nice seeing you." Adam said and we began to walk off. "Wait! Ada-!" She called for Adam but then she got cut off. "Hey? What the fuck that's my purse!" I turned around and saw someone grab her purse from her then push her and run off. Of course like the hero and gentleman Adam is he takes off after the burglar.

"Oh my god he's so brave!" She says to herself then looks to me and gives me a nasty smirk. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion but then she just walked away. She walked away back inside the diner... Okay weird her purse was just stolen and she leaves? As I just stood there in confusion waiting for Adam to return some random guy walked up to me.

He was tall with hair dark and spiky. shades that covered his eyes, and veins that popped out of his arm that'd make anyone obsess over him; but what stood out to me was his jean jacket dyed purple with Jester memorabilia patched on.

Oh shit. I thought to myself. This is bad. I'm guessing these Jester thugs planned this out with that waitress to get me alone away from Adam.  

Behind the guy were two more guys also clad in the same purple gear.

I backed up into the diner wall as the three of them got closer.

"Well look what we have here." The main guy with the veins said. "I heard ya was a little brave but not this brave... To be standing all alone in Jester territory... Son of a pig." The guy said then spit onto the concrete near my feet. "I thought we had gotten rid of Carter but then just another one just decides to pop up on here in his real expensive jet... WHO YA THINK YOU ARE?" The guy said getting even more dangerously close to me.