Trust

The day rolled by and the light started to fade in the sky, causing the three to grow anxious. Logan had taken out an old puzzle he had after nervously finishing all the crosswords he had stashed away. He sat at the kitchen table and worked on it, doing his best to ignore the unsteady feeling that he couldn't quite shake.

Patton had started pacing and cleaned all the dishes within the first hour. After vacuuming and wiping everything down twice, Roman got him to try and relax on the couch and watch a movie. It distracted him a little bit, but Patton would suddenly snap out of his daze and his leg would start to shake from not being able to sit still.

Roman had already gotten out his costume, mentally preparing himself to go and hunt the time stopper down. He was the calmest of the three, but he would be overcome with bouts of energy and start worrying more as well.

Eventually, he ended up in the kitchen with Logan, staring down the puzzle. It was a forest path, and Logan had worked out the border and random bits of the trees starting from the left and working his way over.

"So, this fifth person." Logan ignored Roman, searching the small pile in front of him. "How much around that situation do you remember?"

"I told you, Roman, I don't. I had a note written down that I was meeting up with someone. I remember going there, then I remember leaving with no memory of anything in between. About an hours time had passed."

"We need more than that to go on! If they can alter memories then we need everything we can! Luckily they know you but not us at least."

"I am unsure of their abilities, Roman. All I am aware is that my memory was altered." Logan moved and pieced together another bit to the tree he was working on. "It's strange that our abilities all differ but this last person holds similarities to my own."

Roman huffed and pushed back into the chair. "So they might be able to read minds as well, fantastic." He fiddled with a puzzle piece on the table, another small random green one that could go anywhere. "So what exactly can you do anyway?"

Logan sifted through more pieces, sorting them into piles as he went through. "It started out as psychokinesis. I started moving things around as a kid. No shelf was too high for the cookie jar, my parents were quite baffled until they saw it themselves."

"Ohh, good thing I didn't have that power." Patton walked in and sat down. "Can you imagine? Little me with unlimited access to cookies?"

Logan smiled a bit and pushed the feeling away. "Yes, well, it grew the more I learned about it. By middle school, I realized I was hearing peoples thoughts. By high school, I knew I could give them ideas and suggestions. Before I graduated I had pulled off enough tests to discover I could slightly alter a few things as well. Such as memories or as you have experienced, sobriety."

"Logan with the power to alter memories and give suggestions." Roman leaned forward and smirked. "So what did teenage Logan do with all that knowledge?"

"Surprisingly little." Logan looked up and frowned. "I was worried about what I could do, whom I could hurt. I spent a lot of time keeping my powers under control. I learned they were tied to my emotions at a younger age and tried keeping myself in check."

"Oh? So tell me, Logan, how old were you when you made that discovery?"

Logan froze and looked up, staring at the wall in deep thought. "Fourteen, I believe. Give or take." He started sorting his small pile once more.

"So fourteen-year-old Logan held an experiment to figure himself out. You ever go and redo the test just to make sure? I mean, that was a long time ago, I would think you had to redo it to prove your theories." Logan froze in his place. "We're always learning stuff about ourselves and grow as people. That was over ten years ago for you and you still think the answer you got then might not be different with the new information you have now?"