Together and Apart...

It had been a few weeks since their last run-in with Thomas. No one had heard from him besides Patton, who would happily get a reply every once in a while. Patton had let them know that Thomas really did live a normal life. He didn't seem to have any effect on anyone else besides them. The others were still wary of the man, but most of the apprehension had dissipated when Patton went on a speech about acceptance. Thomas was one of them but had the ability to live life as if nothing was different, but that didn't mean Patton was willing to let him ignore what had happened, it wasn't healthy to push it all aside.

Roman buttoned up his jacket, Virgil having upgraded it a bit. There were no more tassels hanging off the side after they had caught on something and ripped. Virgil still managed to keep the Prince theme, even going as far as redoing his mask. It was still black but wasn't a cheap fabric one that slid around on his face. Virgil had come up with one that molded to his face and fit much better after a bit of digging on the internet.

He was eager to finally go back out, he hadn't been out while Virgil worked on the costume. It had been impossible to wear with needles and pins sticking out of it. It wasn't professional or perfect, but it was nicer than before and Virgil had done it mostly by hand, making it perfect for the hero.

He had tested out Virgil's theory a few times and found it didn't quite work the way they thought. Roman had to focus to find specific people, but he did seem to have an energy about him. He couldn't attract people to him, but if he wanted he could make enough of an effect to make people glance his way. Tonight he was going to test what he had done with Thomas weeks before. If he focused on finding someone with ill intent, will his feet lead him the right way?

The answer was a resounding yes. He started slow, only really finding one criminal a night if he was lucky. After a few days, it became easier, almost second nature. With the costume on, he felt confident and strode through the city with determination as his feet brought him to those who dare to do wrong. Sometimes it brought him to people merely thinking about such crimes, and the site of him staring them down sometimes drove that idea away, stopping the crimes even before they occurred.
Roman had been practicing while he was out of commission, coming up with a few more tricks himself. His little taser stun was helpful, but he had managed a few other tricks as well. People still ran when he let out sparks to scare them off, but he had managed one more trick in his spare time, though it took concentration. He was still working out the issues, of course.

He placed his hands together and pulled them slowly apart, creating a current between the two. Quickly, he grabbed it, causing it to form and shape in his hands. He waved it back and forth as the electric current stretched out. It worked a bit like a rope or a really weak whip, and Roman smacked it against the ground at the mugger. He launched it forward and grabbed the man's wrist, tugging it towards him afterward. The current was small at that distance, more light then energy, but it still shocked and burned as the mugger stumbled forward onto the ground. Roman ran up and grabbed the purse, kneeing the man in the back.

"Foul villain, I believe you owe someone an apology for your behavior!"

"F-fuck off freak!"

Roman flexed his hand and placed it on the man's back. "Wrong answer." He pushed down, sending a jolt to the man, causing him to go unconscious. He stood up, looking over at the woman who had been assaulted and sighed. "Why is everything a cliche nowadays?" He carefully tossed the purse over, keeping his distance. "Not to fear, ma'am! He is indisposed. If you wish to call the police, I will stay until their arrival so he may not harm you further!"

Roman had stopped three people that night. One mugging and two people breaking into places they shouldn't. Despite the repetitiveness and how exhausting it was trying to calm down the people he was saving, his appearance was always intimidating to some effect but come on, it was all worth it. Seeing people finally relax or knowing someone was going to be safe because of him always filled him with a warmth and giddiness he couldn't describe and it never went away.