Epilogue

Logan nudged the side of the curtain with a pen before jotting something down in the small notepad he carried with him. Turning back to the small kitchen, he proceeded to walk through the empty apartment, the sound of his footsteps echoing throughout. He stopped once he heard a familiar noise, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone. He quickly glanced at the caller id before answering, continuing his trek through the apartment.

"Logan speaking."

"Ah, Logan! How goes it? You still out looking at apartments? That was today, right?" Roman's voice rang out from Logan's phone as he tucked it in between his shoulder.

"Roman, nice to hear from you. I am indeed still looking, they had two apartments available. Both are satisfactory but one is slightly bigger than the other so rent would be a bit higher. I was hoping we could discuss the benefits of each, although I believe you will like the bigger one."

"Oh, yeah. I'm sure, but-"

"It's off of the side of the building so you can come and go as you please. We will need spare keys but the main building is locked with a keypad. We would just need the code."

"Logan, I don't think... I have a bit of a problem."

Logan reached up and grabbed the phone, standing at full attention. "Roman, are you alright?"

"Sort of? I need your help."

"I'm sure whatever it is, we can work through it." Logan stood in the would-be living room and froze. "Oh. Yes, that does present a problem." Logan looked down at his notepad in thought. "Well, I have a simple solution but I'm sure you won't be too fond of it. No, nothing like that. I'll call you back and let you know, alright? I'm confident we will work something out."

Logan hung up the phone and turned, walking out of the apartment. The busy landlord had told him to just drop the key off in the mailbox before he left, not the safest or most secure thing, but Logan did as he was instructed and made his way out of the building. He looked down at his phone and dialed a number he knew by heart before quickly bringing it to his ear.

"Helloooo?"

"Patton? It's Logan."

"Oh, I know that silly! How are you doing Lo? Already done looking at apartments?"

"I was hoping I could request your help with something, actually?"

Patton gasped at the phone and Logan smirked a bit. "Oh yes! What do you need help with?"

"I need you to keep this a secret for now, alright? Once you're done, I'll be sending the possible apartments over to Roman and Virgil for us to discuss. If all goes well, it shouldn't be much longer before we can move back in together."

"Oh my gosh I'm so excited! It feels like it's been forever!" Logan could just hear how eager Patton sounded, imagining his eager face as he danced around happily. "Just tell me what to do!"