C H

"Hey, everybody, it's been a while

"Hey, everybody, it's been a while. Right? Since we had a group family meeting like we used to have before..." The familiar faces blinked back and smiled encouragingly at an awkward Riley who gave the speech.

It was a backyard barbecue party. Fairy lights were around the Myers backyard, a small wooden stage put up.

"I'm here to say, that I'm glad to be back. I'm glad to be here with all of you, and I'm finally happy to be my real self again.." Said, a green dressed Riley, hair naturally loose.

"The lots of you, right here, know what happened. And now, I'm here to say, don't hate Leo, despise Leo, for doing what he did....
He had no choice..."

Riley dived into all she had to say. About Leo being gone and her condition.

A thick layer of sadness filled up the area.

"But, at the end of every bad thing is a good thing. Cause, hey, look whose back!" Riley did a voila move, making everyone chuckle .
-" And, I have a good news..." Riley began, cheekily looking at everybody.
"I GOT A CHANCE AT JULLIARD!!!!" Riley squealed and jumped atop the stage.

Everyone hooted and whooped out.

The calling bell rang, Riley got up from her couch and headed towards the door for opening it .

It was the Stewarts.

"Lanie!" Riley exclaimed,hugging the frail woman tightly.

"Bob." She greeted.

"And Sean!" She hugged the boy who grew up to her stomach.

"Come in!" Riley opened the door wider.

"No, we'll miss our flight.." Lanie said, offering Riley a small sad smile.

"Flight?" Riley's smile fell. She missed the bags that all Sean, bob and Lanie carried. And she missed the bright yellow cab that stood right behind them.

"Bob got a job in California! It pays so well!" Lanie exclaimed, but her voice broke.

"That's very good for you guys!" Riley exclaimed back, tears prickling her eyes, constricting her throat.

"Aww...come here sweety." A teary eyed Lanie pulled Riley into a hug.

Riley couldn't believe that they were finally leaving. But the good thing was, they finally were getting some good fortune. Riley cried for the family she knew since her childhood, the family who loved her as their own, the family who always welcomed her, the family she loved, the family who were so much better as persons, the family who deserves so much better. She cried both in happiness and sadness. Maria, Melissa and Mr Myers had also came out to say their goodbyes.

And at the end, Lanie had handed a folded piece of paper to Riley.

"Guys, I think we should read this together this time.." Riley said, eyes on the folded piece of paper that weighed her hand, Lexi and Simon over her shoulders.