Chapter 9

In the day's that followed came nothing more than having coffee with Ethan and seeing both his mum's and sister. Everthing was working out. I actually felt goodness. My parents are still a lost cause but i refuse for that to be something that drags me down, They invited Ethan and his family round for dinner last night, after sitting me down to inform me of what i already know. How they should get to know the parents of the boy i spend almost every waking moment either with or talking to. But i knew they weren't doing with to become friendly with the jenkins they did this to observe the family and to observe me around them.

I know i've in some way changed from the first day of meeting him, But it's not like i've changed in the way of becoming a rebellious teenage, who's doing sex and drugs. I knew from the moment cancer invaded my body, that every breath i've taken it's sucked the life out of me and now being with him around this bubbly goodness i actually feel that i'm alive, not just a lifeless corps. I have changed for the better of me. They say that the cure for cancer is still a mystery but i've learned that an ingredient into that cure is maintaning happiness.

I got a phone call yesterday, which was friday. So far it's been almost 2 weeks since i met Ethan and only on the rarest of day's we haven't seen each other. We discust the fact that we were bored of having a double date with 2 mugs of coffee and told me we'd do something different, Of what that is i don not know. He said that to make the occastion even more special is in keeping it a secret. It did take me quite a lot of time to convince my parents that this thing in which i did not know wasn't a bad thing, and after making my point very clear, i wasn't taking no for an answer. so they said yes. which i was extremely pleased with seeing as I wasn't prepare with the argument it came with.        

"Esther. Ethan's here"

I was pretty nervous, butterflies flew in my stomach. It took me hours to decide what i was going to wear even when he'd told me to just make it casual. Evedence of clothes still lay on my bed from me emptying my entire wardrobe. I wasn't even the sort of girl that would care about this sort of thing, but a part of me knew i had to be perfect. I was ready. Sittling on my bed but my legs wouldn't will me to go. My mother came in and slowly closed the door behind her. "He's waiting for you" Her posture was flawless, her hand neatly clasp in front of her. 

"I know" My eye's were shut now. I focused on only my breathing, I counted the seconds in which my chest would rise and fall

"Mum, Im really nervous" I admitted. She took a seet on the edge of my bed. 

"Everything will be just fine. I promice" She was trying her best to be supportive, to be a mother but how could she have know it would be fine, how could she promice, some people don't realise the promises they make while they are making them. 

She walked will me down the stairs. A pull. I felt a pull in my chest. An ache. I stopped 2 steps from the ground and clasped my chest. "Are you okay?" My mother was causous.

"I' m fine" I told myself, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. I won't do this not now. I won't. I met the living room where he stood and where the smile arose on my face. but the look on his face did not strike me as welcomeing or even the apeal of being happy to see me

"Esther, You're nose" My hands rose to my face. My fingers were coated in thick red liquid, again that pain in my chest. i scream and everyone rush over to where my body had fallen into a heep on the floor. My bones ached and my chest squeezed i struggled for my breath.

"Call an ambulance" My mother screamed at my dad. Ethan gripped my hand and sat my head in his lap. stroking my hair calmly

"I'm so sorry" I whispered

Darkness