8. Lila

Extract of Angela's diary

Lila took a step closer towards me, glimpsing at "DBJ" (Dead Blond Jordan, or Dragon Ball Jay, however way you want it) menacingly.

"Leave her alone, Jordan, she's going with me!"

"Why do you care what happens to her? The Ones might not agree with you saving her life!"

"I don't give a fuck," she hissed as a response. "we both know she'll die anyway, but I think that, logically enough, the point of the students being here is for them to partake into the Zones, not get eaten by YOU!"

"It's allowed to eat SOME of them. Manon, if I recall well--"

"SHUT IT! I don't want to hear you say a fucking WORD, do you hear me?! Just hand over the girl, or I swear you'll regret it! And don't think I'll go easy on you because of how things used to be!"

I blinked, confused by their dialog. How things used to be? WTH?!

A ghost girl dating a zombie, now I've seen everything. And, sadly, it would turn out to be something along those lines, only even worse, but we'll get to that later.

They continued their cryptic arguing for a while, before something bone-chilling happened. Lila's eyes disappeared inside their sockets, and her jaw started hanging almost just as loose as his, her mouth opening, the inside of it entirely dark. It seemed as though a fire was burning inside, or like a planet's final light once it gets sucked up by a black hole. That beam of light continued to augment, and all of a sudden, DBJ started screeching his rotten lungs out, bits of flesh flying from him here and there. Following that, he simply disappeared, as if burned on the spot. Speaking of burn, there was indeed a darkened spot where he had stood barely a few seconds earlier. When I looked back at Lila, she had gone back to normal, her eyes just as cold as usual, but they were there. It almost seemed as though I had imagined the whole transformation, but I knew I hadn't. Her head slowly turned in my direction, before she started advancing closer.

"What did you..?" I started.

"I brought him back to the time-space hole in which he and his comrades are located. He'll eventually get back out one of these days, but not in the near future."

I looked back at her with gratitude.

"Thank you."

"Don't, really. Maybe it would have been better for you had he eaten you right there, on the spot. What you will face in the following days is far more dreadful than any of his kind could be."

"Charming!" I thought.

She started walking back from where we came from, and I followed her eagerly.

Doing so we passed many doors. One of them in particular attracted my attention, so I silently gazed at it. At first glance, nothing incredible: it looked pretty much identical to all the others we had passed.

But on the inside, ah, now that was a different matter. I shuddered deeply, sensing something bad, like, REALLY bad, something horrible inside it. I sensed sadness, before my imagination started--

"MANON!"

running wild.

Her name was Manon, she was barely fourteen, had lost her...her...

"DON'T GO IN THERE MANON! This place is wrong, there's something horribly wro--"

brother. Her big brother, her beloved big brother. He died in the first zone. She had survived the second. But OH she MISSED HIM! She missed him so mu--