Chapter 1 - Picking Up The Pieces

(picture of Elijah at the top)

December 16th 2016

Blossom's Point of View

It has been five months since our breakup and while some would think I should feel a bit better by now, I don't. I feel worse; my whole demeanor has changed. Yeah, he called a few times apologizing and even tried to convince me to get back with him when he dropped my things off.

Honestly, I was actually considering to after the amount of times apologized because I still have feelings for the guy. Then, I went on Instagram and guess who is all up on his page...Rochelle the Dodo Bird; this sucks. I was deep in my mental pity party until I was interrupted.

"Blossom get out of that bed!" Aunt Judith screamed as she opened the door.

"Can't I just be depressed in peace?" I said then slammed my face in the pillow.

"Remember you have to continue your courses and help out at that vet clinic"

"Thanks for the reminder"

I'm doing my university courses online; I thought it was the best thing since I was about to get married. Plus, I've been working at a vet clinic in town, Furry Gems, for the past few months; I'm studying to be a veterinarian so, when I actually enter the field, it won't be foreign to me.

I crawled out of my bed, took a bath, brushed my teeth then put on my scrub. To be honest, I didn't even bother to take a look at myself in the mirror; I feel like shit. As I made my way downstairs, my nostrils were blessed with the aroma of my aunt's cooking. I rushed into the kitchen sniffing around.

My aunt furrowed and asked, "What are you, a dog?"

"No, but I'm hungry like one," I replied.

My aunt fixed a plate of food for me then took a hard, long stare at me. We stared at each other in silence until she decided to speak.

"No offense, but you look like death," she stated.

"Well, that's how I feel insi-," I was cut off.

"Look at those big bags under your eyes girl; you look horrible," she pointed out.

"Haha, I mean what can I say, they're Versace bags; I'm depressed in style," I replied with a wink.

"Girl, go eat before you end up being late," she commanded while handing me the plate.

I took it and sat at the dining table; It looked so good. I took a while just staring and appreciating how good it smelt then I dug in. I quickly ate then grabbed my keys, gave my aunt a kiss on the cheek then made my way to work.