Chapter 12

(Picture of Damion at the top)

The Next Morning
(Friday, 23 December, 2016)

~5:50 AM~

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP!!

I jumped out of my sleep by the sound of my annoying alarm after pressing snooze for the fourth time. Today is going to be hard at the clinic; I just know it.

Like everyday, I get ready for work, harass my aunt and eat breakfast. I was already dressed when I realized that there wasn't any commotion in the kitchen or the aroma of delicious food.

I ran downstairs to the kitchen and had a look around, but she wasn't there.

"AUNTY, WHERE YOU AT?" I shouted as I traveled back up the staircase.

It was quiet, almost as if no one else was present in the house. I approached her bedroom door then placed my ear to the door to listen. There were soft murmurings coming from inside her room.

I peaked from behind the door and found her on her knees praying at her bedside. As much as I wanted to bother her, I couldn't move for some reason. So, I just stood there listening.

Aunt Judith prayed, "Finally, I ask that you protect us wherever we go. Guide our footsteps so that we may do your will. I ask that you touch my niece's heart, so she would accept you as her Lord and Savior. I ask that you forgive her for the way she acts; she doesn't know what she's doing-"

Before I could hear anymore of my aunt's praying, I closed the door and got my things to go to work. I'll just grab some breakfast on my way to work.

I contacted Sasha and we decided to get some breakfast at IHOP. It was about 6:30, so we had time. I got in my car and drove off.

Sasha's POV
It's now 7:01AM and I just arrived at IHOP. There weren't many customers seated because it was still early. I decided to take a seat at one of the booths.

Just as I took my seat, I got a text from my boyfriend

Just as I took my seat, I got a text from my boyfriend. His name is Olufemi, but I call him "Ufé" for short. We met at university where he was in his final year. We've been together for almost two years. He recently moved back to the United Kingdom because he got signed with a basketball team there.

7:03AM Ufé: Good morning and how is my beautiful Sasha doing?😊

7:03 AM Me: I'm doing fine just getting breakfast at IHOP with Blossom

7:03 AM Ufé: Blossom...who is that again? Is she your blonde friend from university?

7:04 AM Me: No😂 That's Isabelle. Blossom was one of best friends in high school. I don't think I told you about her.