Chapter 4

Blossom's POV

The car ride was silent. All that could be heard was the tires moving smoothly against the road. I was still upset with my aunt from last night. I can't believe she let her in the house.

"Blossom," Aunt Judith called while keeping her eyes on the road.

I folded my arms and pushed out my lips while looking out the window. She must really think that I'm going to respond to her; she really thought...

"No answer huh?" she said, "You know if you keep pushing your lips out like that, your gonna end up looking like Donald Duck."

She pushed out her lips, trying to mock my facial expression

She pushed out her lips, trying to mock my facial expression. She looked so retarded doing it; I tried my best not to laugh. "Blossom Natalie Richards, don't you dare laugh" I thought to myself. "DON'T...DON'T DO IT". I soon exploded with laughter after fighting with myself.

"That's my girl," she chuckled. "I knew that would get a reaction out of you."

"Pfft... I'm still mad at you though," I said then stared out the window.

"Listen, what happened last night wasn't planned...at all,"

"So why was she there? Explain that to me."

"Well, I was watching a show then I heard the doorbell ring, so I went to answer it."

"Mm...continue."

"And there she was, standing. Before I could've said anything, she bolted pass me apologizing and pleading for forgiveness; I felt like I needed to at least hear her out. She wanted to apologize for everything she did in the past and she said that the years she spent in jail have really changed her-"

"Change??? I call bullshit on every sentence. People like her don't change; they just wear masks to hide what they truly are and if you believe her, then I don't know what to say to you..."

"Blossom, she's your mother and my sister; you need to forgive her. I know what she did was wrong, but it happened years ago. You need to let it go and move on-"

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME AUNT JUDITH? WHY ARE YOU'RE DEFENDING HER? DON'T YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH SHE HAS MESSED ME UP. THAT WOMAN DID NOT LOVE ME, SHE HATED ME."

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? I DON'T CARE HOW OLD YOU ARE, HAVE SOME DAMN RESPECT YOUNG LADY; I RAISED YOU. MAYBE SHE TREATED YOU BAD, BUT SOMETHING GOOD CAME OUT OF IT; I GOT YOU," she shouted as the car came to a stop.

She rested her head on the steering wheel for a moment, then opened her mouth to speak again.

"I can't have children," she said, "Did you know that?"