Chapter Eight: Day Out

"Jiminie, please? Please? Please?"

He just scoffed at me like I was some puppy. Okay, I am. I clutched his arm.

"JIMINIEEEE"

Then he stopped in his tracks. Jimin turned to look at me. Then he smiled.

"Just one day? All right? You promise to keep her safe?"

He put up his finger to make it clear to me that "ONE" day that he meant. I grabbed it to keep it away from my face.

"You bet."

"Don't embarass me dad. I'm already seven." Knightley's cutesy voice echoed the room.

"Why baby? I'm just fixing your dress?"

"Dad, this is my first date with Tata, okay? I need to be cool."

I knew eavesdropping was not good but I listened to them. I stopped myself from laughing, but Jimin didn't even make an effort.

"First Date? Whaaa-Jinja" he kept on laughing sarcastically.

"Stop laughing Daddy!"

"You like Taehyungie? Don't you young lady?"

He continues to laugh while I imagine Knightley going red as a tomato, blushing while suppressing a smile.

"Tata's cute, I think." Then she giggled a little.

I clutched my heart and it won't be long while I die of her cuteness. So I finally stepped into the room.

"Aigoo, who's ready for a day out?"

She immediately turned to me with a surprised face that's still blushing.

"Tata? How long have you been standing there?"

In a complete innocent manner, I just wrote a confused face.

"I just came in, cupcake. Why?"

Then she breathed a sigh of relief. Then Jimin pushed her "Go on your 'first date' baby. "

I see how he tried to emphasize the word FIRST DATE, with a mocking voice and eye rolls. She instantly turned her head and whispered "DAAAAAD" with a tinge of pure irritation. Jimin fixed his white beanie. Even though pissed off, she looked like her mom. Those death glares and pouts with a hand raised and mouthing 'stop it' that she did so subtle as if I can't see it. Jimin, adding insult to the injury, continued to tease her by throwing finger hearts and when she was about to look at me, I whistled while I look up the ceiling. Then I felt her small hands wrapped around mine.

"Let's go Tata." She pulled me out while I looked at Jimin, silently thanking him. He gave me that "I'm watching you" fa ace, funnily poking his eyes with two fingers and pointing them to me.

She was skipping until we reached the stairs, I gave her a piggyback ride. At the foot of the stairs, there was Jungkook waiting, in a blue shirt and a baseball cap.

"Koookieeeee, hi!" I could feel her fidgeting and waving to Jungkook.

He gave a small wave in reply and a bunny smile. When she was close enough, he pinched her cheeks.

"Now, now where are you going?"

"Owwww, kookieee-oppaaa. We're going on a day out. To the park! Tata's going to take me there!"

"The park? That's good! I bet you will love it even more in there! With a lot of bubbles and cotton candy and ice cream."

I had then an idea.

"Jungkook, you're not going anywhere, are you?"

"Yeah, why?"

I could hear an excited squeal on my ear. I turned my head to face Knightley. She had the brightest eyes and keeps on nodding as if she knew what I was thinking.