Chapter Nine: Rules

"Hey, fix yourself." Yoongi nudged me while I was cross sitting on the couch.

"Uh huh, why?"

"We're going out." He shook me even harder. I whined in reply.

"No. I'm staying with Hoseok." I tried to reply  interested but actually. I wasn't.

"Negative. Now here." The moment he threw me my jacket, I knew the conversation was over and I lost it. I would just wait for Doctor Who's rerun. I grabbed my shoes and wore them at the porch. He slung his bag over his back and motioned for me to move faster.

"Where are you going? Why can't I stay with Hoseok?" The jacket he threw was now covering me.

"A man's gotta work Dan. He's got work and I have a living. So I have to leave you somewhere."

"Yoongi, it's like 7pm-" before I could finish my sentence he looked at me with his blank eyes and his tongue playing with the inside of his mouth.

"Dan, I don't-"

"Yep, I know. Don't."

So I got into his car and he drove away. I continued to fiddle with my phone. I remembered an answer-needed question.

"So where are you exactly taking me if you're going to work?"

"I can't compromise so I'm leaving you with Namjoon."

I felt a sudden chill on my backbones. It's like a near goosebump feeling.

"Nam-namjo-namjoon?"

He looked at me in surprise and also confusion.

"Why are you stuttering? Did he do anything?"

I brushed off the intimidating Alpha shell he wore.

"No, it's just that he's scary."

He laughed a little.

"Don't worry. You'd get used to it."

"But, I notice something."

"What?"

"They seem to be more afraid of you."

Yoongi shook his head with a small smile creeping on his face, looking at the car wheel for a moment and back on the road.

"Yes. How about you?"

"I don't know. I feel...safe."

He ran his fingers through his hair. I can see he's a little distracted but at least he replied.

"That's a good thing. I need you to feel safe."

The next 10 minutes, he just drove in silence. The good thing that we were enveloped in that peace, and it wasn't even awkward. That is until I realized where the car was heading to.

"My best friend's missing and these people want me to-"

"Party non-stop, yes. Also, drink coke until you're drowning in acid."

He stopped his car in front of the Avenue. Yoongi went out and I followed him. I was just behind him and when we got in and the crowd got more sweaty and suffocating, he grabbed my wrist to steer me. That is until he reached the bar. Seokjin is there talking to Namjoon who's taking shots. Both waved at me. I gave a little wave in return.

"Have to do the work tonight. Hoseok is on to something. Both of you, don't let her out of your sight." He said this in a tone he doesn't usually use with me. This is a more authoritative and strong and firm Yoongi. Might be the Yoongi that scares them. Seokjin just gave him a thumbs up while Namjoon made a salute.