32 - Bad Blood.

Dedicated to @Ckayrouz

Vanessa 🌻

The whole reception went queit, everyone was still, curious expressions on their faces. Though some faces held anger and rage, even shock.

That's when the music started.

"Cause baby now we got bad blood

You know it use to be mad love

So take a look at what you've done

Cause baby now we got bad blood," I sneak a wink at Drake's shock filled face. Even Evangeline was shocked.

But it still wasn't over..

"Hey!

Did you have to do this? I was thinking that you could be trusted..

Did you have to ruin what was shiny? Now it's all rusted.

Did you have to hit me, where I'm weak? Baby, I couldn't breathe!

And rub it in so deep, salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me!"

I catch sudden grins on both Connor and Xavier's faces in the crowd. As I hit the chorus again they throw their fists in the air and suddenly I feel like I'm on top of the world.

"Hey!

Now we got problems

And I don't think we can solve them!

You made a really deep cut

And, baby, now we got bad blood!"

"Did you think we'd be fine? Still got scars on my back from your knife

So don't think it's in the past, these kinda wounds they last and they last

Now did you think it all through? All these things will catch up to you..

The fact you cheated on her, with me, and made us think we were the only ones.

Oh it's so sad, to know that now it's not just me.."

Eyes bulged, and jaws dropped but I continued, singing every note with all I had in me. There was a fire dancing within me, carrying me further, giving me the strength to go on.

"Band aids don't fix bullet holes..

You say sorry just for show

If you live like that you live with ghosts

If you love like that, blood runs cold

Cause baby now we got bad blood!"

I spare a glance at the bride and groom to be's parents and they look like they're fuming.

Yeah , it's not everyday you find out your son is a cheater or your daughter was cheated on.

I even caught sight of a familiar pair of eyes. Sam shoots me a proud grin, holding a thumb up.

And that was all the support I needed.

"And, baby, now we got bad blood!

Hey!"

By the end, I'm out of breath, and slightly sweaty but I manage to pull off the last thing I wanted to do.

"To everyone who feels confused, I just wanted to mention sonething real quick.." I start, my voice a little breathless.

Drakes eyes widen in warning and my family looked absolutely shocked.

"Around a week ago, I was Drake Knight's girlfriend. Till he called me to meet up with him at a park to tell me that he had gotten engaged to someone else."