5

Joy

   I hummed to the music that was playing in the store. I scanned my eyes over the shelves looking for the item that was on the grocery list. I felt Chris tap my butt as he placed Oreos in the cart. Royalty laughed as she was on her daddy shoulders.

Joy- Oreos? (I raised my eyebrow)

Chris- baby girl wanted some so I got her some

Joy- hmm (I squinted my eyes at him)

Chris- what (he squinted his eyes back at me)

Joy- nothing (I sighed as I went back to looking for pepper)

I love royalty, that's my baby but Chris shouldn't spoil her too much. I don't want our daughter turning into one of those bratty snotty uptight bitches who expects everything and wants everything to go their way.

Chris- (sighing) I'll put the Oreos back if it's a problem

Joy- no no don't do that you can get her the Oreos (I said with a bit of attitude)

Chris- then what's the problem

Joy- their is no problem (I huffed as I pushed the cart to the sauce isle)

Chris- nah their is one look like I said if you don't want me to get the...

Joy- I said it was fine Chris just drop it (I hissed)

Chris- whatever man you bugging right now

Joy- really chris don't start with me

Chris- you the one starting something by having a damn attitude over some damn Oreos (raising his voice at me)

Joy- (raising my eyebrows and giving him the really face) first of all lower your god damn voice and second of all I don't care if you get the Oreos, I told you it was fine but you want to pester me more about the stupid Oreos, Maurice (I hissed at him)

Chris- whatever man (he huffed and walked away)

I shook my head, as I went down the isle. He really pissed me off pestering me. I snatched the ketchup bottle of the shelve and threw it in the cart. I walked around the store and grabbed the rest of the list. I saw Chris walking up to the line and I did too. I rolled my eyes as he was burning a hole in my face. We unloaded the cart and the lady checked the items and started bagging them. The total came out to 250 and Chris handed her 300 dollars and said keep the change. We walked out the store and headed to the car. I unlocked the trunk and stuff the groceries in. Chris was strapping our RoRo, as soon as I heard her door getting closed I closed the trunk. Chris was standing there with his arms crossed.

Joy- what chris (I sassed)

Chris- I wanna know why you gave me a little attitude when I got Royalty Oreos

Joy- Chris please drop it really

Chris- no joy I will not drop it just tell me

Joy- ok fine (I snapped) I don't want you to spoil her by getting her everything she wanted on sight chris you know what kind of problems that can cause I don't want her to become one of those stock up snotty bitches who expects to get everything in life

Chris- really joy over some damn Oreos that will cause that cmon man be for real here

Joy- I am being for real Chris

Chris- whatever man I haven't been around in her life when she was born until now because of you bruh so I'm sorry if I'm just making up for all the shit that I had to miss (he stated)

Tears formed in my eyes and I nodded my head. His words stabbed me where it hurts. I turned around and walked off.