Chapter 6

Adrien's P.O.V

"Wow, who would've thought I'd be having so much fun with Marinette."he thought in his mind.

It was a little after 6:00 when they decided to stop playing and eat dinner.

They went to the kitchen. "What would you like to eat for dinner Marinette?"
"Um surprise me" she said. Adrien chuckled "If you say so"

He took out what he thought would be tasty, heated it up and they sat next to each other at the main dining table.

They ended up eating lasagna with a green salad and lemon flavored iced tea. "That was delicious, thank you for dinner Adrien, well its getting kinda late, I guess I'll be heading home now."Marinette stated.

"I'll walk with you, what kind of guy would I be if I didn't walk a pretty girl home"he said grinning.
She blushed mumbling "Okay"

The walk was surprisingly comfortable, Adrien grabbed ahold of her hand and she of course was ecstatic to be holding his hand again
They talked about topics such as the akuma, Alya and Nino liking each other and now being a couple and Marinette's future dreams.

Arriving at her doorstep again, they stared into each others orbs. "Should I make a move" Adrien thought
"What should I say" Marinette thought.
Adrien decided to be the braver one, he leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on her cheek.

A soft but audible gasp came from her throat. "Can I see you tomorrow?"he asked softly "it's just me alone at home and well... I really enjoyed your company today."
"Of course"she replied smiling.
They both walked away grinning like dorks.

"Marinette you should invite Adrien over for dinner sometime" her mom said interrupting her thoughts.
"MOM! How much of that did you hear?!"
"Oh, not much dear but he's a very nice boy, don't you think Tom?"
"Very much so."he replied smirking at her.
"I'll be in my room"she grumbled walking up the stairs.
"Young love, so beautiful" They said unison.
______________________________________

"Aren't you going to call Alya?"Tikki asked. Marinette snorted "She'll call me in like 10 minutes, give or take a few."she said smugly

Next 4 minutes Alya was calling.
"Hel-"
"GIRL I WANT DEETS"
"DID YOU TWO KISS, WHAT HAPPENED, MARI TELL ME!"Alya screamed
"Does a kiss from him on the cheek count?"
"Oh my gosh this is huge"

"I know, soon he'll ask me to be his girlfriend, them we'll get married and have 3 kids and a hamster"
"Don't forget IM your maid of honor"
"Of course Alya," she said giggling "and I'm yours as well"
Alya flushed slightly.

"What happened between you and Nino today"she asked
"Well since this is our first official date we went to the movies after the park and then we went to olive garden.Oh and we're already dating"

"I'm secretly jealous Alya"she said with a bemused expression on her face
"Haha, I'm getting another call, it's probably Nino, ttyl girl"
"Bye."

After thinking about kissing Adrien and seeing him again tomorrow, Marinette fell asleep with excitement for the next day.
______________________________________

Time skip
Sunday

Marinette's P.O.V

"Me and Adrien hanging out, alone Tikki, what if-" she was interrupted by her phone ringing. She looked at the name

Adrien 💚❤

"Tikki! Adrien's calling, what if he doesn't wanna hang out anymore what if he's busy what if-"
"MARINETTE!" you don't know what he's calling for so just answer it and stop overreacting"Tikki said.

"H-hey Adrien"
"Hey Marinette, I just wanted to tell you that the gate and the front door are unlocked, you'll find me in my room, you remember how to find it right?"

"Oh yeah yeah of course"she replied awkwardly
"Great, I'll be waiting, bye"he said and hung up
"See Marinette, you were freaking out over nothing, now hurry up so we can go."Tikki said flying into her bag.
______________________________________

Walking into Adrien's mansion

She was oogling at all the pictures of Adrien all over the walls when one giant one caught her eye; a picture of Adrien and his dad, both in black clothing

"Wow, they look so unhappy, I wonder where his mom is"she thought. She walked up to Adrien's door knocking and saying "Adrien, it's Marinette"

He bolted up grinning and practically threw the door open smiling.
"Hey" he said playing it cool
"Hey"she replied walking in smiling.

From the corner of her eye she saw another picture with Adrien, this time it was a collage of them with his mom on his computer desktop and walked over to it.
"he looks so much happier here" she thought.
When Adrien saw what she was looking at he walked over to her.

"That's my mom, her name's Emilie"
"She looks so beautiful in this picture,"she said "and so happy too, you both do."
"I know, I miss her so much, she was the light of the house."
"If you don't mind me asking...what happened?"Marinette asked uncertainly
He led her over to the couch.

"There's not much to tell, but I had a somewhat of normal and happy life before she disappeared. Mom was an actress, she was the best actress in my eyes, beautiful, loving, caring and always trying to do her best. A few years ago she and father went on a trip to Tibet...and she never came back"

His eyes started watering a bit and Marinette held his hand and squeezed it softly giving him a genuine smile. "Since then father hasn't been the same, he refuses to tell me anything about her but always compares me to her..he says we're "very emotional"making the quotes with his fingers.

"I'm sorry to hear that Adrien, it must be lonely here by yourself.. But if you ever want someone to talk to you can always give me a call and I'll be right over"

Adrien turned to her and smiled widely.

She smiled a genuine smile, looking at him, holding hands

Looking into her eyes he said "you remind me of my mom so much, you're both so beautiful and always there for people."he said blushing.

"I-I'm not really that beautiful."she said.
They were still holding hands, he raised her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles.

"Yes, you are, stop putting yourself down Marinette" he said genuinely

He then scooted closer to her, their knees were almost touching.

"Adrien"she whispered, fluttering her eyes close and leaning in, initiating a kiss.

He leaned in so close to her lips that he could smell her peach lip gloss.
His eyes were almost closed.

"Kiss me" she whispered breathlessly.