EIGHT

THE ORIGINALS
______________

THE ORIGINALS ______________

______________

IT HAD BEEN A MONTH SINCE THALIA RETURNED TO NEW ORLEANS TO REUNITE WITH HAYLEY AND FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THEIR FAMILIES. When she met up with her friend, Thalia explained to the Marshall girl what she found out from Klaus.

The moment the Monroe girl stepped into New Orleans she had some kind of visions, almost as memories of a past life but it was nothing. She couldn't bother to think about it until later on. Hayley and her friend sat down in a deserted bar at midday.

The bartender faced the girls, "Third time in here this week"

Thalia smiled, "We're obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne"

"You know, ladies in the 9th ward say, my sister, Sophie, bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish," Jane-Anne Deveraux told the girls.

Jane-Anne glanced across the room at her sister, "We asked around the Quarter about our family. . ." Hayley trailed off.

"And?"

The Monroe girl sighed, "Nothing. Zero. I can't find a single person who remembers either of them. Not Hayley's family and not mine"

Jane-Anne leaned forward, lowering her voice, "Because, girls, people like you were run out of here years ago"

"What do you mean, people like us?" Hayley asked.

The witch walked around the bar to the other side to stand in between the girls. She placed a map down on the bar, "In the Bayou, they call the werewolves Roux-Ga-Roux"

Jane-Anne circled a point on the map, "You head out there, you'll find what you're looking for" She said, "Be careful. It's the last place you'd ever want to go"

Thalia, taking the map, nodded at her before she and her friend left the bar to go on another one of their adventures.

THE GIRLS WERE DRIVING DOWN A COUNTRY ROAD. They parked the car somewhere in the Bayou, it was already night in New Orleans. Thalia looked at her friend, "Where do we go now?"

Hayley shrugged, "I don't know. You're the one with the map"

Thalia grabbed the map, unfolding it before searching for the circle Jane-Anne made when the map suddenly ignited, "What the hell?"

The brunette quickly tossed the flaming paper out of the window. Hayley put the car in reverse but smoke started to come out and the vehicle stopped working.

"Are you kidding me?" Hayley groaned.

Thalia, who was the oldest of the two, had to go out and check. She dialed a number on her cell phone, as she looked around the area they were in, "Hey, I'm looking for a tow service"