Chapter Two

Marlee's POV

I walked across the grey path, and into school in time to hear the bell ring. I held my books right to my chest before sprinting in the direction of the science room. I opened the door of the room and students were talking waiting to start the 1st period. I quickly sunk into a free seat and placed my books out in front of me. I heard boys laughter behind me and I turned to see Zayn and Louis laughing at something on their phones. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the front of the room where the teacher was writing worthless things on the board. I studied the remenants of pink nail polish on my short nails. Science was fun when we got to experiment things, and when we first got to Secondary School we all thought we would be doing experiments everyday but we were wrong, like I always am with at least 50% of my maths tests.

The bell finally buzzed and we were dismissed from our last period. Every kid rushed out of the school, except for me and some others. A group of girls were talking and screaming about something and I knew they were my friends. I quickly walked into the little circle and they smiled at me before going on about whatever they were saying. We separated as we neared the school doors. Meg, Rosie, and Carly went one way while Steph, Lilia and I walked the other.

"So, Marlee. How's Niall?" Steph smirked.

I went bright pink and stuttered a small good. They laughed and continued talking. They knew how to embarrass me.

Stephanie's POV

I waved bye to Lilia and Marlee and opened up the front door to my house. I walked over to the kitchen to find a note from my mum.

To Steph

I'm at work till late so dinner is in the fridge.

From Mum xxx

I put the note back down and opened up the fridge. I pulled out the bottle of orange juice and poured a cup. I unlocked my phone and saw a text.

From- Zayn ;)

Hey Steph you busy later?

I was about to say yes when I remembered mums note.

From- Steph

No meet at the park?

xx

I put my phone away and went upstairs. I don't really know what to call Zayn and mine relationship. We weren't together or anything but we acted as though we were.

Later...

I straightened out my baby pink dress and adjusted the strap on my clear coloured sandals. My hair was down parted in the middle with loose curls on the end.

The doorbell buzzed and I galloped down the stairs.

Zayn's POV

She opened up the door looking stunning. Her cheeks heated up when I kissed her cheek.

"I'll just go get my phone." She said quickly before running off.

I had been to her house before but it felt as though I hadn't. I gazed at the pictures at the front door. A photo of a younger Stephanie about the age of 5 caught my eye. She was adorable. freckles scattered across her cheeks with two ponytails and pink ribbon. It was so cute.

"Ahem..." a voice said behind me and I spun around and lead her out the door.

"Rocking those ponytails in that picture back there hey?" I say jokingly as I nudge her with my elbow.

She just laughed and we kept walking until we reached the peer at the beach. The waves crash against the wooden poles that are holding the bridge up. Figures of little fish swim around and Steph lets out an "awwww". She sits on the edge and breathes in. No one is around, just the sound of seagulls and the waves.

A/N-this isn't a very long chapter but I'm trying😂