Chapter 11

Xavier's POV

I watched curiously as Cameron excited the house holding a girls hand. She looked so familiar, but I couldn't place her.

I was hidden in the back of a pizza delivery guys truck. We just borrowed it from the guy, and uh, might have left him a broken nose. I had every intention of returning it, but he disrespected me.

Cam opened the door with a girl smiling brightly in his arms. I wish that could be me and Sydney right now. If only I hadn't been a complete idiot it could have been.

"Xavier, I'd like you to meet someone," Cam announced proudly." She looked at me in awe as Cam introduced us. Cameron of course noticed this and growled. This girl must be smart since she pushed herself against him effective calming him down. "This is my MATE" he emphasized, obviously being very overprotective, of course I'm sure I'm worse, "Alex Prescott" and he gave me a quick glare. This was her! The beta's daughter, the one that I had planned Sydney to pose for.

"Very nice to meet you Alex,"

"It's very nice to meet you too, I'm so glad I get to meet Sydney's mate,"

"About that..." Cameron muttered looking down at his hands.

She looked back and forth between us, "What?"

"We may not me mates for much longer..." I answered and she looked at me with a blank face. Even though I'm an Alpha, she's scarring me with the look she is giving me. Its so frightening I can't even begin to describe it. She lunged at me and started hitting me with her tiny fists. She would be so dead right now if she wasn't my little mates best friend. I took her hits like a man, but Cam became extremely concerned about the life and welfare of his mate.

After a few more seconds of useless pummeling, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the back seat of the truck. Cam got in the passenger seat immediately and I floored it. We were on the clear and out of their territory in a matter of minutes.

"Well do you two idiots have a plan?" Alex asked leaning into the seat so her head was in between Cam and me. In my haste to get out of Red Devil territory, Cam explained why I was without a mate.

"Well first I want to get all the information," I said "How much do you know about me and last night?"

"I know that we got Sydney all dolled up for you last night and covered for her, but this morning her dad broke down the door. We thought she'd be back by then. And she told me you were the future Alpha of the Pale Moon pack. That was it..." She paused, concern for her friend obvious on her face as she stared forward into the distance. She stayed like that for a few minutes before she snapped her attention back to me. "Tell me all that you know."

"Well, I'm not sure I should tell you..." I looked to Cam for back up.

"What?! Oh come on, I told you what I know, now tell me what you know!" She demanded.

Cam looked at me straight in the eyes, "Tell her."

I sigh deeply, I don't think she will take this well... "Okay um, well I had planned for Sydney to pose as, well, you, since my father had to believe that she had a high rank that wasn't Alpha, I was telling my father about her at the barbecue last night when my wolf became restless. I checked the time and it was 12:30. I ran to our field but I was so late, I had put her in danger. When I got their..." I don't think I can say it... I thought about making Cameron tell her, but I couldn't ask him to, it was my fault it happened, I have to tell her. I couldn't think of any other way to say it, "She was being violated by rouges," Alex's face went pale, and my grip on the steering wheel became so tight that my knuckles were white. " I killed every last one but one had injured me in the process. I don't know how she got untied from that tree, but she did and she took me back to my pack territory, and risked her life just to keep me alive. My dad introduced her to the pack as you, and she ran away, north, in the direction of your pack. She must think I'm cheating on her, with you." I stated and got a growl out of Cameron.

" Whoa..." Alex breathed out.

"Yep," I sighed. Where was my mate?

"Greenwood." Alex stated looking completely sure of herself, even though Cam and have no idea what she's talking about.

"huh?"

"Greenwood. It's a bit north of the pack and unmarked. When Sydney was having a rough day, she would transform and go up to Greenwood. Something about it always made her feel better, in a way Kat or I could never do."

I floored it, "Which Way?"

sorry this chapters so short, the next chapter will be better i promise.  I will update if I'm still alive on saturday, we have a hurricane about to get here where I live.  i think they downgraded it but it could still hurt lots.  Thanks All of you go reading, please comment, vote and tell everyone!

Bye!

-Redbird <3