Second Sucks

I ran my fingers through my hair before I opened the door. Liam was leaned against the doorframe one arm propped on the door and the other in his back pocket. His shirt had risen exposing his abdomen I followed the happy trail down his v cut until it disappeared at the top of his pants. He definitely wasn’t the Liam I remembered but it wasn’t a bad thing.

“Hey do you still want to go?”

“Yeah let me grab my shoes.”

“Don’t worry you won’t need them.”

I barely had time to close my door as liam grabbed my hand pulled me out of my room. I had to power walk to keep up with his long legs. My hand was still in his as we made our way down the stairs, somehow it felt right. I was silently hopping James was somewhere and wouldn’t see me. I didn’t want to start another argument.

“Are you ever going to let go of my hand?”

“Eventually.”

“What does that mean?” I asked a smile playing across my lips.

My voice was light and flirtatious, was I flirting? Nope no it wasn’t possible, that wasn’t what I partook in, I didn’t even date in college.

“It means exactly what it sounds like.”

He let go of my hand and wrapped it around of my shoulder, pulling me into him. My side pressed firmly into his I inhaled deeply of his scent and I was instantly intoxicated; he smelled deliciously outdoorsy. I tripped over an up turned root his hands on my waist righted me before I had a chance to fall. A blush formed on my cheeks and I was grateful of my dark coloring. It didn’t matter to a wolf though he could smell my nervousness in the air.

“If you want to go back we can?” disappointment etched in his voice.

“No I want to.” I said a little to quickly.

“Ok.”

It was true though I hadn’t shifted to my wolf form in over ten years, I stopped when I was younger when no one wanted to be around me. Back then it was hard to ignore the feeling of my wolf wanting to break free and feel the earth beneath her feet and the wind through her fur. Being half wolf actually paid off though, unlike other werewolves I could ignore the calling to shift to my wolf form. I was worried now I hadn’t talked to my wolf in a while. I didn’t even know if she was still there. She was compassionate, wise, headstrong, and loving. When I thought everything was falling apart, she was there encouraging me; telling me everything would be alright. I believed her for a while until I finally tuned her out. It never changed the fact that I wanted to be more like her though.

“We’re here.” his voice said breaking through my thoughts.

We stopped in a clearing that I vaguely remembered from my childhood my father had brought me here for my first change, first hunting, my first everything. I watched as he had begun to remove his clothes with his back to me. The muscles on his back contracted as he lifted his shirt over his head and dropped it on his shoes and socks. His triceps flexed as he unbuttoned his pants they fell to his ankles. Boxer briefs. My cheeks were on fire and so were other parts of my body. I was getting worked up I needed to calm down, I nearly jumped out of my skin when he touched my shoulder.

“Jocelyn… why am I the only one undressed? Are you scared?”

His voice was a whisper in my ear, I fought the urge to sigh a shiver still went down my spine though. I turned around and got a full frontal of him, he was bloody perfection. I looked down it was a mistake my cheeks burned in embarrassment. I looked anywhere but him, his naked body close to mine had my thoughts scattered.