Chapter 17

Once again, due to the lack of comments I'm choosing a commenter from my other book, The Lycan's Bride, as the latest chapter has a quite a few comments.

So a big thank you to @Senikakala! 

Please comment my lovelies, It means a lot and as I'm hoping to publish on Amazon when it's completed, I really need to know your thoughts on a Rose Among Thorns! 

Now on with the chapter! 

A Rose Among Thorns

Chapter 17

Joseph

I can't believe I almost fell apart in front of my mate! I'm supposed to be a strong warrior, not a damn crybaby!

I slammed my fist into a nearby tree, which cracked all the way down to its roots. Pain blossomed in my knuckles and I swore under my breath, damnit!

After that amazing kiss, Oscar slammed the door downstairs, waking up Richard and cutting our sweet moment short. I paced the driveway of my house irritably as a car pulled up, dazzling me with its bright headlights.

Tabitha honked the horn, leaning out the window," Are you gonna get in, or are you gonna keep destroying the scenery?"

I rolled my eyes and trudged over to the passenger side, slamming the door shut," What's up?"

"New recruits are here, thought it would be nice to introduce you seeing as its just gone midnight. You can give them the tour." Tabitha said, reversing out the drive.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose," New people? I'm already trying to prepare the pack for my parent's visit, protecting the pack, and trying to find this killer. I had only had two conversations with my own mate and my wolf may or may not be coming to life. Can I not catch a damn break?!" I said angrily, staring out the windscreen at the dark forest.

Tabitha glanced at me out of the corner of her eye, and whistled," Damn. It must suck being a new alpha. They said you've had years of training."

"Well not for investigating a murderer! Or for bringing a wolf back to life!" I grumbled, my head was starting to hurt.

She was silent for a few minutes, nothing but the thunderous rain against the glass could be heard in the car. I was shocked when something cold touched my arm. I glanced down to see a silver thermos being pushed into my arm.

"I think you need it." She said quietly, eyes still on the road.

I eyed the thermos of blood gingerly, and I noticed the healing cut on her hand. That's strange, why wasn't she healing so fast?

"I'm gonna speak to alpha Tristan in the morning, go through the whole guest list with him, and find out exactly who has access to wolfsbane. Whoever tried to poison me obviously wants the pack to suffer." She explained, changing gears as she sped up," Tomorrow night, Erick should be all fixed up and Julie will be free for us all to brainstorm some more."

I grunted in agreement, gulping down the delicious blood. My headache disappeared and I sighed in relief," I'll show the new weres around, you're right it's what I need to do."

We slowed down as we approached the pack house, and she pulled into one of the spaces, turning off the machine and staring down at her keys," You know, you shouldn't be afraid to use us. Me and Oscar, we're your Betas, it's our job to do anything you can't manage alone. Even in a few months, Julie will be able to take up the reins as a proper Luna. You are not alone, Alpha."