Who's gonna be the last one to drive away?

☁︎

It's 6:30 pm and Minhyuk is cleaning up the café waiting for Hyungwon to walk in. He wanted to get this "meeting" over with as soon as he could.

7:00; the time he told Hyungwon to come. Why is he just waiting here? For him?

Minhyuk got lost in his thoughts when he heard the bell to the front door ring. "Minhyuk?" It was a voice he hasn't heard in a while, a long while. He turns his head and sees a tall figure walk up to the counter. "It's nice to see you again," he says with a small smile.

"Hyungwon?" Minhyuk questions, he almost forgotten how the other looked even though he left Gwangju three months prior. "You look different," Minhyuk says.

"Uh, thanks, I guess I've gotten taller," Hyungwon mutters rubbing the back of his neck. "You also look good," Hyungwon says.

Minhyuk's heart sped up for a split second after Hyungwon spoke, his voice was deeper than he remembered it too be and he looked like he matured a lot. "Uh, w-would you like a coffee or something?" Minhyuk asks.

Hyungwon nods "I'm sure you forgot what I normally get-"

"Americano? Iced?" Minhyuk says with the coffee already done.

"You remembered?" Hyungwon asks while Minhyuk nods "I remember every detail of anyone especially if I've known them for a long time,"

"But why did you bother remembering anything about me when you left?" Hyungwon asks again, this time taking a sip from his drink.

That left Minhyuk stumped, Hyungwon was right, he did leave him why was he bothering to remember the small details?

"Oh, uh so what did you exactly come to talk about?" Minhyuk asks changing the concept of conversation.

"Ah, that, well for the past few months the same question has gone through my mind as to why you left me." Hyungwon says while walking to an empty table. Minhyuk follows him and sits down, the question was reasonable, Minhyuk didn't give a solid reason for what he did.

"I wanted to start over, give myself a new life," Minhyuk starts off, "I wanted to be a new person when I came to Seoul, so I thought it were best to break off all connections,"

"Minhyuk..."

"I didn't really have a reason, I probably can't imagine what you're going through, your heart is probably beating fast enough to burst through your chest, you might even hate me after my explanation-"

"Why did you come to Seoul? I'm curious," Hyungwon says cutting off Minhyuk's rambling.

"I want to be a singer, and I passed auditions into an entertainment company, I think I might be able to be in a group or duet, Kihyun is a trainee already, he helped me get in the company," Minhyuk says with a small smile on his face.

"Well, Minhyuk, I hope you have the best of luck with debuting, I told Jooheon that this would be a day trip so I have to leave," Hyungwon says finishing his drink "it was nice to see you one last time," he says walking to the door.

Minhyuk waits a second, almost hesitant, and walks toward Hyungwon grabbing his wrist and turning him around.

They stare at each other for a few seconds, Minhyuk took in all of Hyungwon's features, he didn't know why he did it, he acted out on pure instinct. "I really need to go Hyuk," Hyungwon mutters with visible tears forming.

Minhyuk let's go and Hyungwon runs out of the coffee shop, leaving Minhyuk alone.

a/n; honestly I was going to keep the chapter updates a week apart but since I have football games to attend on Fridays I will start updating Thursday evening (CST time)