Chapter 3

September 10th

*Iphone ringtone*

Silence

*continues ringing loudly*

"Ugh who in the hell is calling me so early in the morning?!" I reached for my phone with my eyes still shit pressing it to my ear after answering the call.

"Hello" I said groggily "you better have a very good explanation for calling me this early in the morning"

"Happy birthday Keisha. Sorry for waking you" said a shy Michael. Jesus! So embarrassing. I embarrassed myself once again in front of this fine ass piece of work.

"Oh!" I jumped up and cleared my throat "thank you Michael. I totally forgot today was my birthday!"

I heard him let out a laugh and it made me smile. Yuck what's that smell? I cupped my mouth and blew into it and took a snif. Ew. My breath.

"I wanted to personally drop the tickets off to you...well actually forgive me if this seems a bit soon, but I was wondering if I could take you out tonight?"

"Gee Michael I-I What about Raeanne?"

"She could always come to the concert with you" knowing her she's surely be okay with me skipping out with Michael today and repaying her with some Bad tickets.

"Hello? Keisha?"

"Sorry! Yes I'll come. What time?"

"I was thinking maybe 8?" I nodded as if he could see me. Thank god he couldn't because I looked a mess and my breath was not presentable.

"Sounds great. I'll text you my address"

"See you later, happy birthday again." Oh how he makes me blush.

"Thank you..bye Michael"

"Bye Keisha.."

*boop boop boop boop*

I gotta call Raeanne! Wait I gotta brush my teeth I'm about to knock myself out with my own breath!
Running into the bathroom clearly happy as I've ever been I began to do my daily hygiene.

I decided I'd straighten my hair instead of leaving it naturally curly since today was my birthday. That took me about 2 hours due to the length and thickness of it.

I stepped into my closet and picked out some ripped jeans and a white v-neck shirt. I quickly got dressed and slipped on my checkered black and white vans.

Checking myself out in the mirror I looked satisfied. Since I'll be changing later I didn't wanna get too fancy. I plopped down on my bed and checked all my socail media's that were filled with happy birthdays. Responding Texts and calls from friends and family. I didn't mention Michael to any of them because word would get around rather quickly and I'm sure not everyone knows he's in town yet. I'll hold it off until after tonight. I began to text Raenne.

*text conversation*

Nani. Guess who called me this morning to wish me a happy birthday?

Umm idk. Daddy?

Michael. Why do you always have to go left and call him that?! 😂

Um because he is your daddy after all and it's been years. Soooo of course fate came into play. Therefore he is your daddy and that is the end of it. You'll be calling him daddy. Or screaming it. Which ever floats your boat.

Oh hush. I forgot to mention a small detail...

What?!

He asked me out to dinner. For my birthday and so he could drop off the tickets. I'm taking you to the concert by the way so don't be mad.

WHY WOULD I BE MAD?! That's amazing!!! Get it girl get itttt 👌🏽👈🏽🍆

You are so gross. I'll text you later to come and help me get ready

Oh you know I'll be there

Please cut it with the Michael reference 😂 bye

*end of coversation*

There was a knock at the door so I ran downstairs to see who it was.

"Who is it?" I shouted

"Delivery" what the Hell?

I opened the door to a man with a huge bouquet of yellow roses. Who in the hell sent me flowers?!

"Sign here" I signed the line and he handed me my flowers. "Enjoy" was the last thing he said and I took the flowers into the kitchen searching for some kind of answer as to who they were from.
There was a card with messy hand writing. It read: I managed to pull a few strings and get these roses to you within an hour. I hope you enjoy them. Happy birthday
- Michael (Daddy)

"I know he didn't just.. he did didn't he?! This man just used my reference to him. Keyword MY reference. I need to learn to zip my lips around him" I thought about what to do with the flowers. Decided to snap a picture and post it with the caption my first Gift.

I noticed something tucked in between the roses. I reached for it and pulled out a black box. It was pretty long. Oh no he didn't. No no no.

I opened it revealing a beautiful diamond bracelet. There's no way I can accept this. Can I?

—————————————

—————————————

Authors note!!

Would you accept the gift from Michael?