Chapter 2 - Silence

Ira's POV

Marmo placed the wheel into the cage. "Here you go, pipsqueak."
"Who are you calling pipsqueak?" Bel squeaked.
"Not me this time," I smirked.
Marmo had bought some pet supplies for Bel (using a disguise, of course), who had turned into a pathetic little mouse from our last battle with the Glitter Force.
Our last battle, huh? I think I'll miss getting my butt kicked just a little.
We decided to sit back and relax, although it was pretty hard with all of Bel's complaining. But I was glad it wasn't Regina, that annoying brat.
"Get me some dark energy! I need to get my original form back!" Bel yelled.
"It's no use," I grumbled. "We already lost."
"Why are you giving up so easily?!" Bel asked.
"How long have we been trying, huh?" Marmo butted in.
"At least help me turn back!" Bel screeched.
"Bel, why don't you be quiet and try out that hamster wheel?" I yelled.
Bel growled (which was pretty amusing to hear from a raspy-voiced mouse) and started to run on the wheel.
The hideout was pretty quiet, excluding the annoying patting from Bel's feet on the wheel.
"Huh, this is actually fun," Bel commented.
After a long while of silence, I walked onto the bowling alley. I tried to think about how fun it would be if we and the Glitter Force had a rematch. The strange thing was that I didn't actually feel like doing it and just wanted to call it quits.
I mindlessly rolled the ball to the pins. Surprisingly, I got a strike.
Marmo looked over at me. "Pretty impressive for a talentless kid like you."
"Thanks, I guess," I murmured.
I stared at the fallen pins.