Chapter 23

2 years later, Jamila has become a successful business woman .Now, she is standing on the stage at the TEDx. She is telling the audience all her story.

''There was a little girl in high school. She was a very good girl. She was weak and easy to be deceived in anyone .Her parents always told her that any woman life rotates around her husband and children and her parents. She cannot work. Why? Is she a man to work? The man is the only one who works. When she asked them about the women who work, They told her they are unrespectable women. How could they be like that? She felt like she is in the stone age .She lived like they like. While others became successful in their work, she learned to do all the housework perfectly.It is very rare to find people like that in anywhere not only in Egypt but that was her destiny. She couldn't say anything .Once she finished high school, a man named Sultan asked for her hand in marriage .Her parents agreed and of course she had no right to agree or not . He was kind and gentle. She believed that she loved him but what was that little girl know about love? She didn't know anything. Three years later, He started to be quick - tempered. Then, he started to hit her so hard everyday. It all starts with little things. A slap then a punch, a kick later. Then he locked her in a dark room which he never told her why he kept it before that time. She got pregnant but he didn't stop. He continued to hit her. He ordered her to give all her gold to her father to sell because he didn't want to lose money because of her pregnancy.When she told her parents which she was allowed to see one time each 5 months about him hitting her and wanting her to sell all her gold , They blamed her for saying the secrets of the house which shouldn't be said and her father agreed to sell the gold happily.Nothing remained with her except to a gold necklace her grandfather gave to her . She gave birth to a beautiful girl .She got pregnant again but this time she gave birth to a handsome boy. They cried every day because of him. When she was sitting one day crying like every day in the dark room, She feels a new feeling that make her stronger than before. she defended herself from Sultan . Then she escaped and she lived in good apartment. She found many good people in her life.''Jamila says with tears in her eyes then She tells them her story with Fares and how he helped her.'' Then she started her own business and became a successful business woman. And I suppose that you already understand that girl was me. I want to thank you for giving me the chance to be here. Thanks.'' with these words Jamila finishes her word. At this point, all the people in the room are in tears.

'' We are sorry '' Alaa whispers to Jamila once she comes down from the stage.

'' Mum, the past is the past.'' Jamila whispers back to Alaa smiling .The event finishes half an hour later.

 '' Let's go '' Jamila says to Alaa and Salwa

'' I am going to the bathroom, you wait for me outside.''Alaa says smiling. 

" I'm going too " Salwa says

''Ok '' Jamila says .