The Loss of a Member

After arriving at the Ministry of Magic's visitor entrance they all crammed into the telephone callbox, they went through the standard formalities and finally the floor moved beneath them.

"Maybe...maybe a couple of you should stay here as a look out." Harry suggested.

"Everyone comes, everyone is integral to this point, from the minute they agreed to help back at the castle." Krystal said firmly. "Let's get on with it."

"This is it." Harry whispered as he opened the very door he had been dreaming about for months now.

The circular room was filled with various door so the only thing to do was check each door, Hermione ever the quick thinker placed a large X on each door they tried so as not to re-enter the same doors.

Finally they reached a large door that seemed to be locked.

Hermione performed the unlocking charm but nothing happened. "Sirius' knife." Harry stated as he fished the knife Sirius had given his as a Christmas gift from within his pocket. But it still refused to open.

"This isn't it." Harry stated, "all of the doors in my dream could be opened."

After that they came to the next door and Harry spoke "this is it."

They were there, they had reached the place: high as a church and full of nothing but towering shelves covered in small, dusty, glass orbs.

"Row ninety-seven." Krystal said as she looked up and took notice that the row in front of them was only fifty-three.

"Yeah." Harry breathed.

When they finally reached the proper row Harry and Krystal both grew anxious. But much as Krystal knew nothing could be found, no Sirius, no Voldemort torturing him.

"Harry have you seen this?" Ron asked.

"No!" Krystal said but no one heard her.

"It's got your name on it." Ron pointed out as Harry walked over, to the small orb in which Ron was talking about.

"Don't touch it!" Krystal shouted, "leave it there whatever you do."

Harry looked at her "why not?"

"Don't Harry." Neville put in wisely, he didn't know what was going on but even he could feel that something wasn't quite right about the events of tonight.

"It's got my name on it"

"Don't be dim Harry, don't you see that this is THE weapon that we've been trying to protect, just leave it be and let's leave!" Krystal instructed. "Sirius isn't here, I told you he wouldn't be now let's get out of here."

Feeling slightly reckless from tonight's events Harry spoke once more, "if it's the weapon then that's even more reason that WE need to protect it!" He shouted before he closed his fingers around the dusty orb.

"Very good, Potter. Now turn around, nice and slowly, and give that to me." Lucius Malfoy drawled as black shapes began to emerge out of thin air all around them, blocking every ways out.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

A few death eaters laughed but one stood out the most and the sound of the high cackle made Krystal blood turn with hatred, "the dark lord always knows." She said.

It took everything in her for Krystal to remain still.

"Always." Malfoy echoed softly. "You should have listened to your friend Potter, now hand over the prophecy and no one need get hurt."

Harry kept Lucius talking about the prophecy until it gave him an idea, he managed to relay the message and when he gave the order the five of them (minus Harry) sent whatever spell they could to cause a slight distraction by destroying the surrounding shelves.