Chapter 3: Monster

I knew they would be frightened, but I don't care. I am on a hunt, fully transformed, and once I am a wolf, there is no going back.

Almost all born werewolves learn to control their wolf pretty quickly, however, I am one of the few that didn't. Like a bitten beta, I have to learn to control the shift, how not to change. But because I was born a werewolf, I have a little more power, making this even more challenging. So far though, I haven't learn to control it one bit. We have tried everything, my family and I. To control the shift, you need some kind of anchor. My mother's is her pack, I tried that, to no avail. Cameron's is Charlie, his mate. I don't have a mate, so that of course didn't work. We tried everything, but nothing has worked, maybe I'm. . . No, I'm not a rogue. I have a family, a pack. I have everything a rouge doesn't, except for control, that's one thing we share.

I am standing outside of the Hale house, trying to think of the best way to enter. Though I am desperate to kill, I don't want to harm my family, but if they got in the way. . . I decide to go in unexpected and undetected, for a little while. Once I got inside, I don't care who stands in my way, I am going to find and kill Peter. With that thought in my head, I walk up to the Hale house, and listen in.

"Mom! He is out there, and we aren't doing anything! We have to go out there and look for him." Cameron speaks.

"I said no. Derek needs time, maybe that can be his anchor. If we try and capture him, it will only make him angrier, something he doesn't need to be."

"Does it really matter? He is out there, alone and vulnerable!"

"I said no! That's the final word."

I could tell by the way it got quiet, that she had flashed her eyes, it was an order from the alpha, and no on was to disobey. Except me of course, I was the one they were looking for, so why not waltz right in?

I turn the doorknob hard, breaking it and unlocking the door. I slam the door open and notice no one was to be seen. I knew they were here though, and with how loud I was, they were bound to come running in any second. . . And they do.

"Derek!" Laura and mom say in unison.

"Where's Peter?" I growl out viciously.

"Son, calm down." My father speaks.

Before he can continue, I interrupt with a roar. "I don't want to calm down! Tell me where Peter is!"

"Derek-"

"Now now, Steven, if Derek wants to see me, let him." Peter says, slipping in the room like the snake he is.

"Peter! We told you to stay in the basement!"

"Right, while all of this is going on?" He chuckles. "I think not."

"Peter, get back downstairs, now!" Talia yells.

He slowly turns and looks straight at me with glowing blue eyes.

"No."

I roar and run forward, tackling Peter and taking my family off guard. However, Peter is not, and he quickly moves to turn us over, pinning me down, before I can get a good punch in.

"I almost killed you before, do you want me to finish you off?" He yells.

I stop struggling and look straight into his piercing blue eyes.

"Finish me off? I'm just getting started."

His face contorts in confusion and while he is distracted, I flip us over and start to punch him with clawed hands. His face quickly turns into a blur of cuts, bruises, and blood.