Chapter 50:Meeting The Rest

"I hope he is alright" Gabriel said as Diego held her close.

"I'm sorry,I don't know what I added to the food that made him react like this" mom said tearing up again and dad began comforting her.

"Mom it wasn't the food. It's the-" I said then cut myself off as tears  from my face.

"Calm down baby doll" Ray said hugging me and I cried into his chest.

"I can't let him go through that again. I don't know if he can take it" I said and he held me tightly.

"We shouldn't be weak at this point. We need to stand by him" Ray said and I closed my eyes for a second just enjoying his embrace.

"You are right, thank you" I said then sighed.

"Excuse me" Mrs Davis said and we all stood and turned our attention to her.

"Is my brother alright" Gabriel asked.

"I'm afraid the poison started spreading again. It adapted to The medicine and now it's completely powerless against it" Mrs Davis said and Gabriel seemed to loss her balance for a moment and fell back into Diego's arms.

"What are you saying that Antonio is going to die" Ray shouted and I held onto his arm.

"Raymond-" I stated but he cut me off.

"No don't stop me Isabel. What the hell is going on, you said the drugs you prescribed could weaken it. My brother can't die do you understand" Ray shouted the ran a hand in his hair.
"He can't die"

"Doctor there must be something we can do" Diego asked and she shook her head.

"I took some blood samples, we will test them thoroughly" Mrs Davis said.

"What about now, the poison spreads at an alarming rate. What if it reaches his heart" Fran asked.

"Tell us what to get to at least help him till you find a cure" Roberto asked.

"Yes, you'll have to travel to the pharmacy with me. " Mrs Davis said.

"I'll go" Gabriel said with tears in her eyes.

"No babe he needs you here, I'll go alright" Diego said holding onto her shaking body.

"Take care of yourself" Gabriel said then kissed him.

"I'll go with" Roberto said and Diego nodded.

"We will be back soon" Mrs Davis said then in no time they were off.

"I'll go check on Antonio" Fran said then jogged upstairs.

"Excuse me, I need a minute" Gabriel said then ran outside.

"I'll check up on her" Ray said and I nodded then he ran after her.

"What's going on here" dad asked. I almost forgot they were there.

"Take a sit first" I said sitting down as well followed by them.

"Go on sweetie" mom said and I sighed.

"Antonio was poisoned a month ago. When we got to the hospital the doctor said he was poisoned with lead which was mixed with something that they couldn't detect. If the poison reaches his brain or heart,it can prove to be fatal for him-" I said then began crying again.

"Oh honey" mom said as she walked to me and hugged me.

"Why did this have to happen, I can't loss my Antonio mother" I cried as and she rubbed my back.

"Everything will be alright calm down" mom said but that didn't help.

"Who poisoned him" dad asked.