f i f t e e n

Ten did the things he needs to do--as soon as he came home into the condo, he immediately pulled out his luggage and Johnny didn't hold him back. Days has passed, Ten came back to the company to get his resignation letter from the secretary. The bodyguard walked out of the elevator, he immediately walked towards the secretary's desk.

The secretary smiled at him.

"Hey, Ten--Woah, what happened? Gone to a fight?"

"Yeah, you can say that...and I'm here for my resignation," Ten said.

Secretary nodded and gave the paper to him to fill up. She handed the pen to Ten and he then starts writing.

"Too bad you're resigning. What made you do it?" she asked.

Ten looked at her briefly, "P-Personal reasons."

She nodded, "Sir Seo hasn't been in the office lately."

Ten stopped and frowned, "Why?"

She shrugged.

Ten filled the paper before he goes and walks out of the building. He stepped into his seat and gripped on the wheel. He knitted his eyebrows and maybe Johnny's still in shock that's why he hasn't came into the office.

Ten groaned before he drove away. He arrived on the building he missed going to. He stepped out of his car after he parked it. He walked up the stairs and was greeted by his colleagues as soon as he walked in. He walks towards Jungwoo's office. He knocked and twisted the knob before the door swung open.

"Ten!" Jungwoo called and is happy to see the man again.

Ten walked up him and smiled back, "Hey."

"Nice job. Even though you killed the client but I'm happy you killed the right person."

Ten nodded, "My work is done, that's why I resigned."

Jungwoo looked disappointed and worried. He sighed, "You shouldn't. Johnny still needs you."

"He needs someone else."

Ten didn't want to sound so upset, even though he really is. Johnny doesn't need a killer like him. It's be a big risk for Johnny if everyone knew about his past. He just doesn't want to make the CEO's reputation dirty infront of his own partners in business just because his bodyguard is a serial killer.

"I'm sure he doesn't need anybody to protect him, except you."

"Jungwoo, I can't protect him."

Jungwoo sighed, "You're still doubting your relationship with him, aren't you?"

Ten avoided his boss' eye contact.

"You can't lie, it's all over your face, Ten. Look, if you don't want to be his bodyguard anymore, atleast tell him the reason. You can't just leave without any reason for you leave. That's like breaking up without any word...Are you guys breaking up?"

"I don't want to break up..."

Jungwoo rolled his eyes, "Just do something to soothe things up. Make some closure atleast."

Ten nodded, "Sure, Jungwoo."

"Good. Anyway, why not have a nice vacation? Take a leave, it's been almost two months with that mission."

Ten nodded again before he walks out of the room. He walked up to his car, he stepped in and gripped tightly onto the wheel. He sighed heavily and it's already been days, Johnny hasn't left his head.

What happened to him?

Maybe it's just because of his mother's birthday that was yesterday. He did left the condo with a letter. It was his choice leave the CEO and he didn't want it at first. He doesn't mean to leave so sudden but it's not for his sake, it was Johnny's.

Suddenly, his phone rings beside him. He looked at his screen and his eyes widened with the caller ID. He bit his lower lip as he held his phone infront of his face. With his thumb shaking, he swiped the screen to answer the call.

"H...Hello?"

"Ten?"

His voice made him speechless for a second. It was like a bedroom voice.

"Sir?...why did you call?"

The other line went quiet.

"Sir, if you haven't heard, I have already sent my resignation letter so I am already out of your--"

"My mother asked me why didn't I brought you for her birthday yesterday."

Ten shuts his mouth and was surprised his mother knew about them. For sure, Johnny did tell his brothers about us so maybe that's why she knew?

"I told her...you needed a break from the accident."

"Yeah?"

"But, she really wanted to meet you. So, she told me to fetch you today. I'm already on my way to your house."

"What?" Ten shouted.

"Look, I'm not asking much, am I? My mother just wanted to meet you and wanted you to be in her three-day celebration."

"How are you even gonna introduce me?"

"Are we having a break?"

Ten closed his eyes as he knitted his eyebrows. He sighed. He didn't want to answer Johnny's question.

"Do you want us to have a break?" Ten sincerely asked.

"Of course not. I don't want to, I never wished to. But, it's your choice right now, Ten."

Ten held onto the phone tightly. He bit his lower lip.

"Be here in 5 minutes."

Ten immediately ended the call, didn't wait for Johnny's response. He drove home and immediately ran up the stairs to change up his clothes. He wore something simple and casual, a white shirt with a beige cardigan on top and a pair of black pants. He removed his bandages, revealing the healed wounds and a cut on his left eyebrow. He ran down the stairs and opened the door as soon as his doorbell rang.

Johnny stood infront of Ten and he was surprised to see Ten well after the incident. His hair went longer and he looked really unreal. He just missed the bodyguard.

Ten, on the other hand, feels like hugging the CEO. His hair was longer and he looked thin. He suddenly felt worried about Johnny's health. Maybe his decisions really made a huge impact onJohnny.

"Got everything you need?" Johnny asked.

Ten nodded, "Yes."

"Okay, let's go then."

Ten walked and puts his bag, full of his clothing inside, inside the backseat before he sat on the passenger seat. Johnny started the engine and drove away.