1st meeting, 2nd chance, 3rd party

Tsuna jolted awake, feeling the cool cement press against a single flushed cheek. He groaned, feeling his body ache. But nonetheless, the brunet forced his body into a more comfortable position than lying face-first on the cold cement grounds of...-

Italy?

Well, at least Italian chatters are what he first heard. Although most of them were filled with harsh words and curses. It was obviously Italian.

Slowly, what had been left of his lingering drowsiness was gone and instead, it was immediately replaced with an alertness that left his nerves shot and skin tingling. He knew better than to underestimate the dangers of Italy - the home of the Mafia.

The Mafia was ruthless. Or rather, had been. Tsuna felt himself smile. When he had become Vongola Decimo, the mafia had been changing for the better. They no longer slaughtered at sight of an innocent and the Vongola had been shutting down the numerous smaller branches of the Estraneo Famiglia.

In fact, they had almost been done. They would have eliminated any remaining families that still dared to continue on their horrific experiments, even after hearing about Rokudo Mukuro's... bloody massacre.

...They would have succeeded...

They would have, had Tsuna not been chosen as-

Sunset eyes visibly widened as the boy felt his breathing hitch.

No way.

Reality began to crash down on him, and the boy felt himself begin to shake.

No way, no way, no way. It can't be-

He had been chosen as the Sky Arcobaleno then.

Why am I-

He had died - taken away from his precious people by that awful curse.

So why...?

Why am I still here?!

Did fate really hate him? Or was Tsuna just part of their silly little game, a source of entertainment for their centuries of boredom?

I-I've already had my chance. And I failed. Once was enough! I'm done... Why...?

Why did fate always seem to single him out? Each time, when Tsuna had thought that things were looking up, that damned thing seemed to always ruin and take away everything that he loved and wanted to protect-

Something or someone groaned, a painful one at that. It snapped Tsuna out from his trace of mind and he turned to face the dark alley.

'Someone's there...' Well, Tsuna just prayed that whoever it was would not die before he even arrived.

And so, the brunet forgot his own dilemma, immediately dashing towards the source of the sound.

Tsuna found the person in a matter of minutes and he felt his heart stop, frozen in shock.

Drenched in his own blood, he saw a little boy leaning on the wall, full of injuries. 'Who would have done this to a child?' He thought, horrified and enraged. Though he realizes the severity of a situation and put all thoughts aside in order to at least try to save this child from death.

Well, at least Tsuna knew that he could use his flames now.

However, as sun and sky flames danced on his palm, he finally took notice of the face behind all the dirt and blood. It was familiar. Too familiar, in fact.

And then it hit him like a ton of bricks. To say that he was shocked would have been the biggest understatement of the century. Tsuna was totally and absolutely floored. So much that he almost forgot what he even came here for.