Chapter 13- Something must break

After he woke, Marvin was restrain 24/7. When he was given meals, he was put into handcuffs, but that was it. He was still so confused. Anti hadn't said anything to him since he woke up, the masked man didn't either, but that wasn't new. He was confused, and frankly, he was scared too. His body didn't feel right. His skin was physically colder now. Any blanket covering him was too warm, the metal against his skin was no longer a problem, it no longer sent a chill through his bones. The worst of it all was the sounds. Every now and then, he'd hear noises. Sometimes it'd be voices whispering around him, sometimes he thought Anti was nearby, because he would hear static surrounding him. It was extremely disorienting. He was beginning to lose his sense of reality. Sometimes he thought he was in a dream, or a nightmare.

Another day passed, Anti had given him his first meal. Every now and then he'd hallucinate that there was nothing there, or that it was bugs again. It was horrifying. He wanted to believe it was all in his head, but there was something telling him not to trust what he was seeing. Later that day, Anti came in to give his injections. They no longer hurt at all. In fact, he didn't even feel it happening. And there was only one, and not two now. Things didn't change until it became late, and his dinner never came.

It wasn't new for him to not eat, but he'd been put on a routine for a while. He was starting to get used to it now. He barely ate anything for breakfast, so he was starting to get hungry. Marvin was usually pretty patient, not letting Anti's little games get to him too much, but now he was feeling angry. Did Anti just not care anymore? He'd put in all the effort to capture him and keep him alive for so long, and now he'd just given up on all that. Was Marvin just not worth it now? What changed?

Anger was beginning to boil in Marvin's chest. What was happening? Why was he acting like this? Something was very wrong. Those thoughts however began to fade, being replaced by the darker thoughts entering his mind. This was such a small thing, yet it was causing something so foreign for him. That didn't seem to matter. He pulled on the chains tied to his wrists. He wanted to get free, he wanted to find Anti. He was tired of being chained up like a circus animal, only allowed out when Anti decided.

As if he'd heard Marvin's thought, the glitch himself entered, though he didn't have what Marvin wanted, only making him angrier. "Where the hell's my food?" He hissed out. Anti smirked, hearing the way he spoke in a doubled voice.

"Well someone's growing impatient," He teased, sitting next to the bed. "Maybe you should calm down magic boy."

Marvin's eyes lightened, as if he'd just realized what had been going on in his head. "What just..." He muttered quietly.

Anti chuckled. "Oh it's okay Marvy. People tend to be a little irritable once they've been through what you've been through," He leaned forward, eyes dark and devious. "Not many people can say they've experienced death first hand."

Marvin choked on his breath, body beginning to shiver. "Wha-What do you mean?" He asked, barely even audibly.

"Exactly what I said. You died Marvin. Flat-lined and everything. You probably don't remember anything, but you were gone for a few days. We wondered if you were even coming back," Anti explained. The glitch had a maddening smile plastered across his face.

How could he have died? More importantly, how was he here now. That was when Plague walked in. Anti looked up smiling. "A little help from him and we stabilized you. I brought you back, but Plague here helped you keep going. You should say thank you," He teasingly said.

Marvin looked between to two. "How did you bring me back?" He choked out saying. He still couldn't believe it.

Anti smirked leaning back casually. "Pretty easily. You understand the concept that as figments, the only way we can die besides being forgotten is if a stronger figment kills us." Marvin nodded slowly. "Well I've found that it also works the opposite way as well. A stronger figment can also bring a weaker figment back from the dead." Marvin's blood went cold. So basically, Anti could control their lives. He found out? How did he...

He felt his heart drop. He looked to Anti in disbelief. That glitch was smiling, saying You figure it out yet? His gaze slowly turned to Plague now.

The man reached, up unhooking his mask from the back, slowly removing it completely.

It was like seeing an old friend, but at the same time, someone completely different. His eyes were dark green instead of blue. Sure, many people had his face, but there was no doubt about it. He set down the mask before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his glasses.

"Henrik?" Marvin whimpered. Tears were already beginning to fill his eyes. Only partially out of joy, he was still alive! But that meant, he'd been the one making the drugs all this time. Why would he do that?

"Not quite," Anti interrupted his thoughts. "Physically, it's him, but he's become my puppet now. All the memories of who he was have been suppressed by something entirely me. Once I brought him back, he underwent the same treatment you have, though you've lasted much longer surprisingly. Now he does what I say, when I say. He's not longer Henrik von Schneeplestein. He's my obedient Plague doctor. It's pretty to control your puppets when they've lost their minds," He looked at Plague like a prized possession. "He's the only one who knows what it's like to go through the hell that I've gone through," He whispered.

Marvin looked at him questionably. What did that mean. Suddenly the glitch turned to Marvin. "You think you've had it bad? Just wait. Your new injection will make this all much worse." Anti stood up suddenly. Plague's face stayed still as he pulled out a syringe, approaching Marvin slowly. Marvin couldn't look away as he injected the drug into his system again. The two walked out again without a word, leaving the magician alone with his own destructive mind.