Gold Eyes

Aurelia smiled at her beautiful child. 

"I'm so glad we had another one," She said.

"Yes," Leom agreed. "She is useless and I can't wait until she leaves us soon,"

Aurelia stared, her eyes burning with hate, at a baby, Elexis, playing on the ground. Her eyes were cold. 

She sighed, her eyes flooding with anger. Why did she have to have a child with red eyes? 

RED. EYES! 

A sign of evil. 

Elexis was a curse. 

To shame the family. 

Just then, the baby opened her eyes. Leom and Aurelia turned around, and gasped with joy and surprise.

That was when Aurelia gasped with pain.

—————————————————

12 years later...

Claire looked to see her mother dressed in a fancy and expensive dress more fancy then the last one. 

"Hello, honey," She said, smiling at Claire.

"Oh, hey mom," Claire said. 

Her mother smiled sweetly. "Come in, dear,"

Claire entered the mansion she lived in and grabbed a cup of juice. Sipping it, she waved at Rosie, one of the servants. She couldn't help feeling sorry for her. Her mother was not kind to the people below her. One of the reasons why Claire felt uncomfortable around her mother sometimes. 

She walked to her room, and sat on the bed and opened her school tablet. She opened the document Ms. Wallace had assigned the class to read.

She heard her mother's voice say,

"Honey, I'm going to the slave market today!"

"Can I go too??!!" Claire called.

"You can, honey,"