Prolouge

A/N//:
Welcome to 'What Happens In Vegas'
Enjoy

A/N//:Welcome to 'What Happens In Vegas'Enjoy

P R O L O U G E

EVANGELINE

I twirled in front of the full-length mirror that was hanging on the back of my door, nodding in approval. "Yes, bitch, you look gorgeous," I said to myself, smiling. "And by the end of the night you'll be looking engaged." I turned and grabbed my purse, only putting in the essentials. Three years had gone by so fast with Ryan; it seemed like just yesterday he claimed his dream job at the top law firm, catapulting us together. Interning at the firm didn't last long, but it did bring us where we are now.

I perked up at the sound of a hand at the door; Ryan. Taking one last glance at myself, I nodded in approval and took a deep breath before opening what was dividing us. There he was; crisp and clean cut as always. His blonde hair was neatly styled, his suit clinging to his slender frame, and a smile painted on his face. "Hi," I breathed, taking him in.

"Hey. You ready?" I grabbed my clutch and nodded, following him out to his car after locking the door. He seemed stiff-nervous-and I smiled.

"Are you okay?" I chuckled, rubbing his thigh as he pulled into a parking place.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said, clipped, removing my hand from his leg and jumping out of the car. I frowned and exited the vehicle, feeling a bit put-out; are all men like this when they're about to propose? We went in and got seated, Ryan forgetting to pull out my chair for me; he must be very distracted tonight because he's acting like a total dick! In my thoughts, I didn't catch what wine Ryan requested until a glass was put in front of me.

I lifted it and put it to my lips, tasting the dark liquid, smiling. "It's exquisite!"

He nodded, sipping it for himself. "It is." What the hell?! He wouldn't even look at me!

"Alright, enough of this," I blurted, "What's wrong with you?"

He stiffened and FINALLY looked into my eyes, but I was not expecting to see what I saw in them. Nervousness. "Listen, Eva, I know that we've been together for a very long time, and we've made some great memories together, but I think it's time that we-"

"Yes!" I squealed, smiling.

"W-What?"

"Yes, I'll marry you, Ryan."

"That's..not what's happening here. Eva, I'm sorry, but I just don't think we're compatible anymore." My face paled and my heart sank into my stomach. "Our relationship just doesn't have the spark it used to; you can't tell me that you do not feel that!"

"I don't feel that," I rasped.

He sighed and rubbed his hands over his face before leaning his elbows against the table. "I'm just going to be honest with you, Eva, I've..been seeing someone."

"What?!" A few customers looked our way and Ryan noticed.

"Shh, please."

"For how long?"

"I mean, I don't-"

"How. Long!?"

He looked around and widened his eyes. "A year and a half, okay?"

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I stood, my chair scraping the floor as I did. Now everyone was looking at us and Ryan looked as though he was about to pee his pants. "For half of the three years we've been together you've been cheating on me?!"

"Eva, I brought you here so that you wouldn't make a scene," he explained, sighing.

I scoffed. "Well, you were fucking wrong!" I took my wine glass and threw its contents in his face, reaching and doing the same with the water. "Now I had to waste some good wine on your sorry ass!" I turned on my heel, ignoring the stares of those judgmental rich pricks as I strutted my way out.

Bitch can suck my ass!

Who's the whore he was-is sleeping with?

A/N//:

This story has been rated MATURE for sexual content, mature themes, and adult language

Don't forget to
VOTE on your favorite chapters
COMMENT on your favorite moments, and
FOLLOW for the latest updates and notifications