Nineteen

N I N E T E E N

N I N E T E E N

EVANGELINE

When I woke up the next morning, I had my face buried in pillows that smelt like Beckett. I lifted my head and the glorious smell of Beck's wonderful pancakes filled my nostrils, making my stomach grumble with anticipation. I sat up and stretched, popping my shoulders and back before pulling myself out of bed. I walked into Beckett's huge closet and pulled open a random drawer of sweaters, slipping one over my head before making my way to the kitchen. Beckett was shirtless over the stove with only a pair of low-riding sweatpants covering his bottom half.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," he smiled, flipping the pancake he had in the pan. "I told you that I'd make pancakes for you again soon." He placed a plate with two pancakes and three pieces of bacon in front of me. "Here you go, Angel." He kissed my cheek and went back to cooking, leaving my face flushed and my stomach full of butterflies.

"Good morning; thank you." I grabbed the syrup he placed out for me and lathered them the way I liked as he finished up his own plate and sat down next to me. "Remember the first time you made me pancakes?"

He chuckled and took a bite if his crispy bacon. "I do, you were very mad at me."

"That's because I thought you were crazy," I laughed, digging into these glorious, fluffy pancakes.

"Do you still think that?"

"Oh, absolutely! You've just talked me into being crazy with you."

He laughed and rolled his eyes and we continued to eat, making small talk every now and then. Before long, we finished breakfast and I decided to make my way back to my bedroom to shower. "Angel?" I turned to see a somewhat nervous Beckett.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that you'd like to stay in my room from now on; maybe make it our room?"

I thought about it for a minute. That would mean staying with him 24/7, sleeping next to him every night, waking up to him every morning...was I ready for that? "Beckett I-"

"Okay, that was foolish, I shouldn't have asked you that; I know we're moving slow and last night was a big step, I didn't mean to over step the boundary." I smiled and walked towards him to place my hand on his cheek.

"It's alright. I'll think about it, how's that sound?" He beamed back at me and nodded, taking my hand and kissing the back of it. "I've gotta shower and get to writing my novel; my publisher is expecting the first three chapters tomorrow and I have even started on the third yet."

"You'll do great, my love." He kissed my forehead and walked to his bedroom while I stood in the living area. He said I was his love...and last night he said he loved me....

I hurried to my own room, my thoughts racing while I was washing my hair and body in the shower. Did I love him? He said he loved me...but he was drunk...and a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. But people have said really stupid things when they were drunk, like when I told Hazel the aquarium was racist because it didn't have every color fish! Oh, God, What is wrong with me?! I knew I felt strongly about Beckett and I did care for him, but did I love him? Maybe it's too soon to tell...

I sighed and turned off the water, wrapping a towel around my body and getting my hair dryer ready. I felt a bit guilty for the way I reacted last night when Beckett made his declaration, but I didn't feel like it mattered much to him. Why was I so cold after we had sex in the shower, though? Yes, I was tired, but I was kind of...a bitch! He had given me the best shower sex ever, dried my body with the fluffiest towel on the planet, then proceeded to brush and dry my hair! And that was no easy task! I have a lot of hair! He really is the sweetest man I've ever met. No one has done more for me than Beckett, and we've barely known each other a month. He encourages my writing, and even helps me when I reach a road block, he bought me every art supply I need to feed my painting hobby, even when I was mad at him he did things for me! When he felt I needed it slow, he'd be so gentle, but when he felt I needed it rough, he would not disappoint. It's like he could read me, and I could read him; not a word necessary. I remember thinking that Hazel and Caleb could do the exact same thing, but I used to find it weird. She told me it was like they could read each other's minds because they just knew each other so well. But that doesn't really make sense because Beckett and I have known each other for a month, but Hazel and Caleb have been together for years! I didn't want to place all of my eggs in the basket if this being the magical connection that every romance novel is based upon, but holy shit, it really seemed like it.

Never in my life did I ever think I would even be in the same room with someone like Beckett, but not just because he was kind and compassionate, he was also way out of my league. Our social classes are vastly different! I don't know how to pronounce fancy dinner foods or wines, I don't know why you have so many forks, knives, and spoons for one person, and I don't know what brands are socially acceptable to wear! We really are from two different worlds, but Beckett doesn't really seem to care about that either....he's just living his life, being happy...with me. He's happy with me...and holy shit, I'm happy with him!

Oh, God.

Maybe I do love him....