Found

The Avengers arrived at Tony's home six hours later.
The entire place looked empty as they strolled in, spreading out to find their mechanic.
Clint and Bruce went down to the lab and searched around.

Clint could hear muffled sobs coming from the far left, behind a work bench.
"Tony?", called out Barton as he slowly made his way over to the panicked mechanic.
"h-help me", squeaked Tony Stark as he gasped for air.

"Bruce get over here", called out Clint as he sat next to Tony, the genius grabbed his wrist, squeezing it as he began screaming in fear.
"Tony?, Tony! Look at me man".
Tony turned to face the archer, his cheeks bright red from crying, his hand pulling his shirt down in an attempt to stop the choking sensation he felt in his throat.

Bruce rushed over, kneeling in front of his friend.
Banner grabbed hold of Tony's hand and the mechanic held onto his partners shoulder with his braced hand, squeezing it as he looked at Banner dead in the eye.

The fear subsided as Banner helped Tony with his breathing.
Clint notified the rest of the Avengers that him and Bruce are with Stark in the lab and the rest of the team joined them soon after the announcement was made.

Stark was shaking violently, mumbling that was inaudible to those around him.
Clint made the first move and gently raised Tony off the floor, the geniuses head in his chest, grabbing at his shirt.

Jogging up the stairs, Tony was placed on his white sofa laying down on his side.
"he's had another flashback, he needs help", hissed Clint as he sat beside Tony's feet. "I know Clint, but he's a stubborn as you when you're on a mission", replied Natasha.
"Hey!, at least I'm not the dog of S.H.I.E.L.D", protested Clint.
Natasha shrugged off his comment.

"you guys best stop talking or I'll have your asses out here faster then you can say 'Iron Man'", called out Tony as he sat up, winching as he moved his braces.
"Tony, you need help, you can't do this on your own", blurted out Bruce.

"If you want my statement for what happened, then ask J.A.R.V.I.S, he has the full story saved into his hard drive", explained Tony, still shaking.

"Tony...", James Rhodes was immediately cut off by Stark himself.
"I don't want your pity Rhodey, Fury gave me no choice but to do this", snapped Stark as he went to stand up, but a sharp pain pulsed up his back and around his body, causing him to fall forward, only to be caught by Rhodey, who gently helped him back down on the sofa.

"Bruce, find some other way Tony can walk, this way's destroying him", ordered Rhodey as he sat on the floor next to his friend.
"Natasha, can you go with Banner? I need to talk with Tony on my own". Romanoff nodded and followed Bruce down to the lab.

"Tony, I don't care about what Fury wants, but you're not in control. Your nightmares and anxiety attacks need to be handled", explained James as he placed his hand on the genius's shoulder, only for Tony to immediately push his friends hand aside.

"Tony?, What was that for?, why don't you want us to help you?", asked Rhodes as he sat up on the sofa, placing an arm round Tony's waist, pulling the mechanic into a hug.
Tony hesitated before leaning onto his friends chest, his face buried as his arms locked around the colonels
Shoulders.

"I'm scared Rhodey, I don't want you guys getting close to me. I-I don't want you guys getting fired or killed", answered Tony Stark as his eyes filled with tears, before sobbing loudly.

James Rhodes tightened his grip as Tony inched closer to him, his muffled cries getting stronger.
"Hey Tony, it's ok, no one here is in danger, no one's going to die", reassured James sweetly.

Tony calmed down and pulled away from Rhodey, he sat up in silence. "I'll get help Rhodey, just.. Make sure everyone's safe when I do". Rhodes agreed.
"J.A.R.V.I.S, prepare Mark 42", ordered Stark.
"Yes sir. There seems to be unknown persons making their way to the mansion". Tony felt his heart drop to his stomach.

"We need to suit up", blurted out Tony suddenly as stretched out one arm and held up the opposites forearm, signalling the suit.
The suit quickly took over, shielding the mechanic as broken pieces of brick and wooden rained down.

The left arm of the suit was delayed and immediately led to Tony's arm being crushed by a wooden beam.
"J.A.R.V.I.S?! Where's the power to my suit?", asked Stark in a panic.
"The suit has yet to charge sir", answered J.A.R.V.I.S.
"Damnit, Rhodey, get everyone out, do what you have to do to escape", ordered Tony as he blocked debree from hitting his friend.
"Go!", yelled Tony as his faceplate snapped shut.