new school

It was finally the first day of school. You were frightened. You woke up at 7 AM and quickly took a shower. You couldn't be arsed to dress fashionably as you weren't trying to impress anyone and you were running late anyway. You threw on a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a red hoodie, and black adidas with white stripes. 

Your mom wasn't home, she went to work and left a note that stated:

My Dearest (Y/N), 

I'm sorry I cannot see you before work. I must leave my house at 5 AM and I come home around 7 PM if I'm not on call or stay overtime. I have cooked some breakfast eggs and toast for you before I left, it is in the microwave. I hope you enjoy your first day at school. 

Sincerely, your birth giver.

You quietly thanked her for going through this much trouble but you didn't feel like eating breakfast as you were feeling too much turmoil in your stomach. So, you just put it in a small container in your bag and made your way to school, which was only a short walk away. 

Your first class was math. You rushed to class, getting lost in the corridors a few times. 

It seems that you were the latest in attendance as there was only one seat available. You stopped as soon as you entered and interrupted the teacher. The whole room stared at you. 

"(Y/n), you're late." 

"I'm sorry teacher, it's my first day of school and I was lost. It wont happen again I promise" 

"I will excuse you since it's your first day. Everyone, this is our new student who transferred from [old city name]. (Y/N), please go sit over there." The teacher stated as she pointed to the only empty seat in the room. 

"Thank you..." you shyly said, as everyone was still staring at you. you scurried across the room, in the second row, and sat beside a man with raven black hair, an undercut, and grey eyes. 

He must have been pretty popular because girls were giggling with each other whenever they looked at him. 

"H-hi" you stuttered as you sat your bag down and brought out your math book. The man simply ignored you, not even bothering to look into your general direction. 

"What page are we on??" You inquired, to no response. 

"Are you deaf kid?" you sneered as you stopped looking at him and decided to just decided to look at his book page to find out what page you were on. 

'page 27' you thought as you quickly opened your book to page 27. 

After around 5 minutes your teacher said "Ok students. Close your books. I know today is the first day of school, but I have decided to quiz you just to test your abilities. I will hand out every student a quiz." 

Your teacher walked around handing people quiz papers. You took the paper from her, and that's when you realized you forgot your pencil. 

"Dude I forgot my pencil do you have an extra" You quickly asked the angsty boy beside you. He ignored you once again. 

"Come on dude have some decency and pleaseee give me an extra."

"Ok class, I'll give you 10 minutes to complete this quiz. And the time starts now!" The teacher yelled as she looked at the clock. 

"Tch. Here, brat." He reached into his bag which was leaning against his desk and quickly grabbed a pencil.

"Give it back when you're done." He said quietly as he glared at me. He handed me the pencil and I took it.