BATFAMILY X READER ☾ UNFOUND

Requested by Marvellove21

Keys;

Y/N = YOUR NAME

L/N = LAST NAME

H/N = HERO NAME

V/N = VIGILANTE/VILLAIN NAME

A sweaty palm pressed itself against your mouth; forgetting that the hand was yours. Watery eyes were kept shut despite when you blinked them open, you were surrounded by darkness. But they would clench shut with every thud, scream, and crash that echoed through your home. You wanted to look out, but promised your father you would wait for someone else to open the doors for you.

Soon, a metallic stench crept through the cabinet doors, your stomach hurling at the unfamiliar smell. But you waited. And waited. Fear was still rattling inside you when the doors were suddenly smacked, a scream finally left your lips. The cabinet door was flung open, and a light was shone in your eyes. You continued to scream as a hand grabbed your arm, pulling you out.

"You're okay," the voice said, attempting to soothe you. But with your eyes still trying to adjust to the bright lights, tears continued to water down your cheeks. When your blurry vision finally faded, and you could look at who was talking to you, your sobbing halted.

You recognized the police badge immediately, eyes wandering across to the center of the room. There were no bodies, but a deep red had stained the carpet. 

The person in front of you pulled you to look at them. "My name is James Gordon. You're safe." You passed out in the back of his car, unaware of how your life was about to change. You were alone.

Now, five years later, you still found yourself alone, much more due to your lack of socializing with foster families. The first three gave you up within the first week, but this one refused to give you up - so you made the decision for them. You camped out on the roof of a tower in Central Gotham, a rucksack as your pillow and slightly torn jacket as a blanket, not that it could do much. You still dreamed of the blood-stained carpet and your parents, though, now their faces blurred into unfamiliar ones. All pictures of them tossed out. You woke up with a gasp, but your body remained still - you'd gotten used to the nightmares.

The sun was barely peeking over the city. You sat up and stretched, calculating where to go next - you didn't exactly have a plan. Taking the ladder to the bottom of the building, you started to hunt for scraps, not exactly hoping for anything in particular - you'd gotten used to it at the foster care. You reached to grab what looked like a tossed orange when a knife was held at your throat. Hesitating, you pulled away from the orange.

"What do you want?" You asked, voice small in the large alley.

"Give me your money," the thief spat. 

You rolled your eyes behind your eyelids. "I don't have any money. Why else would I be lookin' through a dumpster?"

It was the thief's turn to hesitate, before he pulled you back by your hair, forcing you to look at him, recoiling at his smell. 

"Guess I'll just have to take something else."

It was then that you felt scared - you hated the feeling. You forced it down, before throwing a kick at the man's crotch. 

"No!" You yelled. His hands flew to his crotch, dropping the knife just as quickly. You tossed it aside before throwing a punch at his face. You weren't a fighter, but you had picked some stuff at the foster care from other kids. "You disgusting pedophile!" You threw another jab, this time getting his jaw. "D'you just go looking around for homeless kids to attack, huh?"