NIGHTWING X SPY! READER ☾ MISTAKES

Requested by sherlockinsanity

Keys;

Y/N = YOUR NAME

V/N = VILLAIN NAME

F/H/N = FAKE HERO NAME

WORD COUNT: 2532

Getting onto the Team seemed, well, way easier done than actually said. It seemed like they would take anybody. There was no paperwork - just show up to a few fights (a few setups and/or instigated by you, of course), help them out, and what do you know? You're on the team. Of course, there were still a few members who were skeptical - M'gann, of course, was one of them. She was wary about how secluded you were about your past and current self - how you would always leave early after missions and training. When she had approached you about this, you shrugged and scratched your cheek. 

"I don't my parents getting worried," you explained, a sheepish grin on your face. "Don't want them freaking out over the whole superhero gig, ya know?"

Seemingly satisfied with the answer, she dropped it. 

Emotional ties were also something you attempted to keep yourself away from - a high five and light conversations were enough for you to go by unless it was mission-related - that was where you were needed.

"We're making a drop on one of Lex Corp's biggest trading drops," Nightwing explained, cladded in his gear and arms folded tightly over his chest. You could never help but noticed the way it made his biceps look larger. Maybe he did it on purpose? Nevertheless, you felt your foot twitch at the mention of your boss' company. Yeah, working of Luthor while working with a Team under the name of the Justice League was controversial and misguiding at most - but it was just a job; it was nothing you weren't used to.

"Another link to the 'Light'?" You brought up, raising a brow. Nightwing looked at you with a stern nod. "Is he working with anyone else?" You already knew the answer, but acted as if you took in the information when Nightwing explained that he was. 

Receiving final instructions, you all headed towards M'gann's bioship. Walking behind steadily, you gave a few clicks on your watch.

"Why do you always wear that thing?" Jaime asked, his armor covering his body.

Smiling, you gave it a final click and raised your wrist for Jaime to get a clear look at the watch. "A good luck charm." You lowered your arm back down. "Plus, I like to have a back-up communicator to the League's Tower in case." 

"That's a back-up communicator to the League's Tower?" Nightwing asked, stepping closer to you and peering at the watch.

"Yeah," you said, also staring at your watch, then turning to look at Nightwing. "Asked B-Man if it was alright, in case anything goes wrong on a mission, or if we need some kind of escape route."

Nightwing's eyes moved to look at you (or at least you think they did, it's hard to tell with a mask like that). A small smile crawled onto his lips. The word 'cute' appeared in your mind for a second, and you shook the thought away quickly as Nightwing walked ahead of you. Staring down at your watch, you clicked it so it turned back on. 

'seeing u soon.' The message was still pending. Received. Read. 'can't wait.'

Coming back from the mission felt more like a defeat than a triumph. 

"That was too easy," Robin exclaimed, stretching his arms behind his back.