chapter 1

2:39pm
Sunday afternoon

The sky crackles with thunder, shortly followed by a cloudburst of rain.

I look up, squinting my eyes, looking at the moody sky above me. I look back down and continue to walk down the busy street, sighing with the little energy I have left, slightly annoyed by not bringing an umbrella.

Then suddenly I bump into someone. I slip slightly, falling backwards but the person I walked into had pulled me to them, their arm around my waist, pulling me back onto my feet, my body against theirs. I open my eyes and catch my breathe, putting my hand to my chest, my heart pounding from the sudden movements.
"Are you okay?"
A male voice asks me, concerned.
I look up at the man infront of me. My heart instantly flutters as I look into his enticing brown eyes.
"Y-Yes sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."
I reply, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear.
"No it's my fault I should've been more careful."
He smiles at me and I smile back, my cheeks feeling hot as I notice his arm still around my waist. He realises his position and instantly pulls his arm away, we both look around awkwardly.
"S-Sorry."
He scratches his neck.
"No no! Its okay!"
I kick myself after the sudden excitement in my voice, fearing of him being weirded out.

I notice my slightly dried hair, making me look up to see a black umbrella over my head, noticing how close we are as we're both standing under it.
"I need to get going, my friend is waiting for me."
He looks at me and nods his head.

I smile and begin to walk past him but he stops me, spinning me around to face him and shoves the umbrella handle into my hand.
"H-Hey wait-"
He walks backwards, into the rain.
"I'll see you around!"
He shouts to me, putting his hands into his Nike sweatpants pockets as he gets further and further away and smiling before turning around. I watch him until I can't see him anymore. My heart thumps tremendously as I stand still, my hand griped onto the handle, smiling to myself before turning to walk home.

☔️☔️☔️

"You were gone for ages y/n!... woah you're soaked."
My best friend and roommate strides into the room as I close the apartment door, changing my shoes into my sliders.
"I know I know I'm sorry."
I walk over to the open living room and slouch down onto the sofa, her following and sitting on the big white, modern arm chair.
"What did you even do in the library anyway?"
She asks.
"I was just non-stop studying for the Maths test on Tuesday."
I say as I brush my fingers through my wet hair.
"I met a boy too.."
She sits up straight, her eyes widened as she looks at me, intrigued.
"That's where that umbrella came from."
I point over to the folded umbrella by the door.
"Aigoo~ how cute! What was he like!! What's his name?"
I roll my eyes at her.
"Unnie! Why do you do this to me."
I pout at her and she laughs and hits my arm.

☔️☔️☔️

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, the dull sun seeps through my blinds on my windows before being covered by a grey cloud.
"Y/n it's gonna rain all day today, bring that umbrella!"
My best friend Chaeyoung shouts to me from the other side of the apartment.

I groan as I slide off of my bed, into the bathroom to have a quick shower.

I dry my body and slip into my underwear, applying makeup to my face in the mirror. Then I tie my hair up, putting it into a little messy bun as my side bangs curl around my face. Once finished I walk back into my room and go into the closet to pick out an outfit for school.

 Once finished I walk back into my room and go into the closet to pick out an outfit for school

As I finally put on my coat to keep me warm, I slide my bag over my shoulder and walk out of my bedroom to be greeted by Chaeyoung in the kitchen with two bowls of cereal, one infront of her which she's already scoffed half of it as she scrolls th...

As I finally put on my coat to keep me warm, I slide my bag over my shoulder and walk out of my bedroom to be greeted by Chaeyoung in the kitchen with two bowls of cereal, one infront of her which she's already scoffed half of it as she scrolls through her phone, the other untouched.

I walk round the kitchen island and eat my cereal whilst Chaeyoung makes us both a take-away coffee.

As we arrive at school in Chaeyoung's car, our other best friend, Lea, runs up to us and throws her arms around me as I close the passenger car door.
"Hey! Lea-eonnie!"
I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tightly as we hug each other, we let go and she goes to Chaeyoung and greets her too.

We go to our registration class, Chaeyoung and I were lucky enough to have the same.
"Okay everyone quieten down."
The teacher bursts into the room and stands at his desk as the other students get into their seats.
"We have a new student joining us today. Please come in!"
Me and Chaeyoung make eye contact and she wiggles her eyebrows making me giggle quietly.

The door opens and it all happened as if it was in slow motion. My jaw dropped slightly. The dark brown hair that matches his mysterious eyes and his sharp facial features. His white sweatshirt that matches his trainers, added with his black jeans that fit his body so well.

I sit there, completely taken aback as the whole class cheers and claps, making him smile.

And here I thought I'd never see him again.