chapter 3

3:05pm

I walk outside, breathing in the cold wet air as i stand underneath the umbrella Minho had given me. Lea and Chaeyoung sharing one.

"I'll see you later y/n, me and Lea are gonna head to the library to study for the test tomorrow."
Chaeyoung hugs me goodbye and links arms with Lea.
"W-Wait i wanna come too!"
I blurt out.
"I think someone's waiting to talk to you.."
Lea glances over my shoulder before looking back at me, an excited smile creeps across both of their faces.
I stand there confused, wondering if i should look back, is it who i think it is?

They run off before i could catch them causing me to sigh. Eventually i turn around and my head bumps into somebody's chest, i slip but caught by a firm hand that's been wrapped around my waist, mine gripping onto their arm, the other tightly gripped onto the umbrella handle.
"Are you recreating events now y/n? i didn't know you liked having me close so much."
The familiar cheeky voice had come from Minho as i stare up at him, annoyed, regaining my balance and pushing him off of me which makes him laugh.
"You think i'm so in love with you now don't you? Well i'm not so-"
"You will be."
He pokes my cheeks with his fingers.
My stomach flips with butterflies as his sentence replays in my head. The way he teasingly caught me when we collided and how he playfully poked my cheeks made me blush.

"Cute."

"Aoh? Me? Cute? Are you calling me-"
"Yes and you look like you're about to explode."
He chuckles to himself. He's clearly mocking the redness on my cheeks which just causes them to redden even more, hiding my face in my free hand.

After awhile he takes my hand from my face, holding onto my wrist as his eyes meet with mine before looking down to the wet pavement below us, letting go of me.

"What's up?"
I ask and he looks back to me immediately and his face fades into a small smile.
"The sky."
He sarcastically says, sending us both to laugh. I shrug off his weird change in character, it looked like something was bothering him but i daren't ask. It's not my business.

"Let's go!"
He plants a big grin on his face, taking the umbrella into his hand, his other arm now wrapped around my shoulder, pulling my body incredibly close to his.
He starts to walk, my legs trying to walk in time with him but they can barely move from my heart pounding as i feel his body against mine. His firm, structured arm around me made me feel safe as the rain fell hard all around us, hitting onto the umbrella above our heads.

"W-Where are we going?"
I ask, confused as to where he was taking me.
"Café."
"Oh, why?"
He smiles, looking down to his feet as his cheeks flush with a shade of pink which makes my heart flutter as i stare at his adorably mesmerising and handsome side profile.

"You can't go back now, you didn't say no."
He looks up, at me.
"Well to be exact Lee Minho i didn't say yes either! so why are we going to the café?"
I say keeping my head up with a smile on my face, not meeting his eye.
"We're going on a date."