Bee

November 19, 2018 1700 hours

Lance McClain. Fashion icon, star soccer player, constant flirt, killer dancer, jokester. That's how everyone saw him. And for the most part, they weren't wrong.

However, no one really saw how smart he was. Of course he was. How else would he have gotten into this god damn school if he didn't have a brain in his head?

Well, that was where his two best friends came in. Too bad he couldn't get in touch with them as he got ready for soccer practice. He knew one of them was on their way to a conference, but he hadn't heard from his other bestie in the past week.

He laid his white "Loverboy" crop top on his bed as he slipped his blue soccer jersey on. He then thought, "Crap. Veronica has been looking for this since last week. Oh, well. It's mine now. She can fight me tooth and nail to get it back."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

At this point in practice, there was nothing that could get him down. Having kicked enough balls hard enough to break someone's face enough times really rose his confidence.

Of course, in his family, soccer was just another part of everyday life. What was happening on the field that didn't happen in his front yard?

Well, as Lance would soon learn, this very next event.

His friend threw him a little bonbon, something that happened 5 seconds to half time. So, Lance bit down on the bonbon.

Only, it wasn't candy. It was an actual bee. And this bee had stung the inside of his cheek before being crushed. Lance had felt this sharp pain only immediately after biting down on the poor innocent insect.

Right away, his cheek swelled up. As he ran back to his team, they noticed how unusually pale he was. And his lips were blue.

Mrs. McClain had the right idea when she grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to the car.