Chapter 2: Number 5 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey

Annie's POV

  We finally arrived at our new home. Katrina owns a blue Wolkswagen mini cooper. It's looks so cute! We walked up to the front door of my new home.

  I took note to go greet my neighbours later on after I get settled in. Katrina unlocked the door. She smiled brightly at me. "Welcome to your new home, Anneberlynn!" she exclaimed happily.

  I walked into the house. It was beautiful. The walls had beautiful wallpapers that presented the four seasons we have in a year.
The living room had spring flower wallpapers. The kitchen had summer wallpaper. The dining room was autumn... But where was winter?

  "Aunt Katrina where's the winter wallpapers?" I asked. "First, please call me Katrina. Second, go check out your room," she answered. I tilted my head in confusion. What was Katrina getting at?

   I walked up the stairs. My room was the third room which was in between the Katrina's room and the guest room. Every room had a gold panel on it with with black words on it stating to who the room belonged to.
I smiled. Mine had my full name on it. I pushed open the door. My room had winter wallpaper. The bed was a shade of dark ocean blue and a lighter shade of ocean blue. There were stars imprinted on the bed. I loved it!

  There was a wardrobe that was black in colour it had stars painted on it. Then there was a bedside drawer that was the same as my wardrobe. Then there was a drawer that was painted red and gold. Then there were these gold small ball things with wings that were hanging from the ceiling.
"You like your room?" Katrina asked. "I... I... I love it!" I exclaimed as I ran over to her and wrapped her in a big hug. We broke the hug. "I knew you love stars ever since you were a baby. And I guessed dark ocean blue and different shades of blue were your favourite colour because of your eyes. Oh, those things hanging from the ceiling. Their called snitches," Katrina rambled.

  I giggled. "Snitches?" I asked. "Yup, we use a snitch in a game of quidditch," Katrina said. "Quiddich?" I asked, confused. "I'll explain later," Katrina said.

  “Anyways, what time is it?” she asked then looked at the wall clock on my wall. “1:30 in the afternoon. Great! Oh I almost forgot help me push this armchair that I newly bought yesterday. I forgot to push it into your room,” she rambled on again.

  “Sure, Katrina,” I said and we went out the guest room where the guy who brought the chair over left the chair on accident. We pushed and pulled the chair into my room. We decided on putting it beside the window.

  “Whew, now that's done. I'll go make chocolate chip cookies and tea. Why don't you go though your wardrobe and then take a nice refreshing bath then change into a different dress?” Katrina suggested.

  “Great idea! You make cookies and I try to make myself at home!” I said.

  She smiled and went down the stairs. I entered my room and shut the door slowly behind me. I sighed and leaned against the door. I always thought that I wouldn't be loved. I always thought that I would die lonely one day.

  I had never thought that I would be given the chance to live a different life. I never thought that I had another blood relative that doesn't hate me.

  I sighed a happy sigh. Happiness can come at the most unexpected moments. I smiled. “Thank you. Thank you for this chance,” I whispered to no one in particular. Tears of happiness slowly slipping from my eyes.