Prologue

Anneberlynn's POV
  ANNEBERLYNN ACACIA BLACKHILL!!! GET DOWN HERE YOU LAZY TWAT!!!” my Aunt Seraphine bellowed from the kitchen. I was busy scrubbing the marble stairs of the Brownhill Mansion. Sometimes I feel as though my Aunt doesn't treat me like how I'm supposed to be treated. In the whole family the Blackhill family is the oldest and also the head of the whole Hill family.

  Shaking away my thoughts I ran downstairs and straight into the kitchen. “Here take this to your Uncle Garth! Now move it girl!” my Aunt shouted in my face and shoved a tray into my hands. I immediately fast walked into the living room and handed my Uncle Garth his tray filled with breakfast.

  “BLACKHILL!!!” my Aunt bellowed my surname. I cringed and ran into the kitchen. “Yes, Aunt Seraphine?” I asked as soon as I got into the kitchen.  “Do the dishes girl! Then you can go back to scrubbing the stairs!” she shout d at me then shoved me to the sink.

  I sighed to myself and started humming the song that my music box makes all the time. I had quickly finished doing the dishes.

  As soon as I finished the dishes I immediately ran to the stairs to continue scrubbing them. I sighed. I sang the song quietly to myself “Heart beats fast. Colours and promises. How to be brave? How do I love if I'm afraid to fall? But watching you stand alone. All of doubts suddenly go away somehow. One step closer,” before I could sing another line the bucket containing the soap water was kicked down the stairs.

   I gasped and looked at the stair above mine. My older brother Jackson Jason Blackhill stood there. “Murderer,” he said menacingly.

   I hung my head low. Everyone said that my parents died in a car crash. My older brother and younger sister accuses that I was the reason their death.

  The members of the Hill family said that my parents were driving back home to see me. I was sick, had a really bad fever. They were driving a little faster than usual. A drunk lorry driver crashed into their car.

  I silently let the tears fall as I went downstairs to get the bucket that my brother had kicked.

  As I ran down the stairs to get the bucket someone pushed me from behind. I tumbled down the stairs. Both the pain in my heart and the paint that had just occured my body combined was enough to make me think about committing suicide.

  I sighed yet again knowing who would've done this to me. My little sister, Annalise Alicia Blackhill.

  “Murderous beast,” she said poison dripping form her voice as she passed  me. I cried.

  The day continued on like how it always did. Nothing changed. The shouts and orders to me from my aunt. My siblings and cousins taunting me and calling me a murderer. My uncle not even saying a word to me. And me doing the housework like a maid.

   I sighed. The day finally ended. Everything was done, finished. I walked up the spiral marble staircase to the highest floor. I opened the old wooden door that led to the stone tower that was potruding from the roof of the Brownhill Mansion.

  I sighed for what felt like the twenty thousandth time that day. I opened star shaped locket and sighed. Inside it was a photo of me and my family when I was a baby before my parents died. There wasn't anything much better than seeing the smiling faces of my parents in this photo.

  I sighed a satisfied sigh and lied my head on the pillow. There is nothing better than seeing a happy smile on your parents' face... Even if it is in a photo... As long as it was genuine and happy that it can make even the emptiest of hearts... Full