Chapter 6: Dinner With The Dursleys

Annie's POV
  As soon as Katrina got back home I told her about Mrs. Dursley and and about having dinner with the Dursleys.

  She was happy that we had really friendly neighbours. She was also quite shocked for some reason.

  I wore the best dress I had. Katrina decided on wearing a short green dress, light green flats and her auburn hair was tied up in an elegant bun.

  “What time is it now, Annie dear?” Katrina asked me. “6:00 sharp! Let's go!” I said rushing out the door. Katrina trailing behind me.

  I knocked on the Dursleys’ front door. The door opened to reveal a chubby boy dressed in a suit. He looked like he was suffocating to me.

  “Hello, I'm Dudley Dursley. It is an honour to have you join us for dinner,” he stated.

   “Anneberlynn Acacia Blackhill. Please do call me Annie,” I introduced myself.

  “I'm her aunt, Katrina Helen Blackhill,” Katrina introduced herself.

  “Please, come in,” Dudley invited us inside. “Annie! You've arrived with your aunt!” exclaimed.

  “Hello, you must be Mrs. Dursley! I'm Katrina Helen Blackhill! Please do call me Katrina!” Katrina introduced herself to Mrs. Dursley.

  “It's an honour to meet you, Katrina. Please do call me Petunia!” Mrs. Dursley said.

  “This is my husband, Vernon,” Mrs. Dursley introduced her husband to us.

  “It's nice to meet you, Mr. Dursley. I'm Anneberlynn Acacia Blackhill. Please do call me Annie,” I introduced myself and shook Mr. Dursley's hand.

  “It's very nice to meet you too, Annie,” Mr. Dursley said. I smiled brightly at his words.

  Mrs. Dursley showed us to the dining room. We all sat ourselves and started to eat dinner. There was chicken, salad, fish and Coke.

  As I ate I saw a mop of black hair out of the side of my eyes.

  Wait... Did I just see a mop of black hair?!

Harry's POV
  Aunt Petunia had invited our new neighbours to dinner tonight.

  She kept saying that the girl who greeted her at the door was gorgeous and that she would do great as Dudley's girlfriend.

  Then she rambled that she shouldn't rush into things like that because the girl was only 10 years old. She mentioned that the girl's name was Annie, I think.

  I just had to have a glimpse of her. So I snuck into the dining room to get a good look at her. For sure she was gorgeous.

  She had fiery red hair, dark ocean blue eyes, slightly tinted pink cheeks, fair skin and freckles around her nose.

She was the exact definition of perfection!

  I think she noticed me because she turned into my direction. Before she could see me I immediately hid behind the wall again.

  If Aunt Petunia or Uncle Vernon ever catches me, I'll be dead meat!

  I immediately ran back to my cupboard under the stairs. I guess... I can't dream of having something I can't have... Now can I?

  Wait a minute! What am I talking about?! I can't have a crush on that girl! Heck, I don't even know her name! Stupid, stupid Harry! Plus... Who would ever love someone as freakish... As me?

Annie's POV
  I looked in the direction I saw the mop of black hair. Only to see nothing. I must've been hallucinating things. Maybe there's something in the fish. I do think that it had a weird taste to it.

  “Something wrong, Annie?” asked Mrs. Dursley. I shook my head. “No, nothing at all,” I answered politely. She smiled. I continued eating.

  After a while, we finally finished eating and started to talk. I talked to Dudley. He told me was into boxing and such. I didn't like rough sports much. I think it's quite stupid to get  beaten and bloodied up and call that kind of thing a sport.

  But not wanting to break the poor boy's heart. I simply just smiled and nodded and acted as though I was listening when I was actually thinking about the mop of black hair I saw.

  After a while, Katrina and I excused ourselves and returned to our home. We decided on going to bed early that night.

  I walked off to my room and changed into my black silk long sleeved and pants pajamas.

  Still thinking of the mop of black hair, I went into a restless slumber.