Chapter 5: Meeting Mrs. Dursley

Annie's POV
  I was sitting in my room reading a book about quidditch. I had grown quite a liking towards quidditch and I was really hoping that one day I could play the part of seeker. It was ten o'clock in the morning.
  Katrina was out saying that she had to attend to a case at the ministry of magic. She's an auror. An auror means evil wizard catcher. My parents were aurors too from what I read about both of them.
  I stared out my window. There wasn't much I could do. Katrina did say I could take a walk around the neighbourhood if I wanted to but then again... I felt as though someone was about to drop by so I didn't go anywhere.
  That's when I heard a knock on the door. I immediately ran down the stairs and looked out the peephole of the front door.
  On the other side of the door stood a women. She had short brown hair, brown eyes, she was tall, thin and she had light skin. In her hands she was holding a pie.
  She smiled at me and asked “Are there any adults home, deary?” I shook my head and answered “Sorry but no,” she imply smiled back.
  “Here I made some apple pie to welcome you and your family to the neighbourhood,” she said handing me the pie which I took gratefully.
  “Thank you...” I trailed on not knowing her name. “Mrs. Dursley,” she provided. “Thank you, Mrs. Dursley,” I said.
  “Are you home alone, deary?” asked Mrs. Dursley. “Sadly, I am. It's quite boring for a ten year old to stay at home all alone,” I answered.
  “I haven't caught your name yet, deary,” she said.
  “Where's my manners? I'm Anneberlynn Acacia Blackhill. Please do call me Annie,” I introduced myself.
  “Why don't you and your family come over to our place for dinner tonight, deary?" invited Mrs. Dursley.
  “That'd be very nice. I'll inform my aunt about it,” I said.
   “Is it just you and your aunt, deary?” asked Mrs. Dursley. “Yes, it's only us,” I answered.
   “Oh, what about your parents?” she asked. I flinched. My parents always were a touchy subject for me. “My parents... They passed away in a tragic car crash when I was only one years old,” I explained.
   “Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, deary ,” she said. “It's alright. You didn't know about it anyways,” I said.
    “Well I'll see you at 6 at my home. It's number 4 if you didn't know,” she said. “Yes, of course. See you later, Mrs. Dursley,” I said.
    “Yes, see you later, deary,” she said.
I sighed and closed the door behind me. I went into the kitchen and placed the pie on the countertop.
    I walked up the stairs back to my room and sat on the armchair beside the window.
    I have a broken past, two siblings who hate me to pieces, a wonderful aunt, an amazing home and friendly neighbours... What else that I  have yet to find out? Actually a lot of things to be honest. Ugh... Me and my dumb life...