Chapter 7: Hogwarts Acception Letter

Annie's POV
I woke up at 8:00 am. I walked into he bathroom and took a nice cold shower to awaken my senses.

I slipped on a simple black T-shirt and black shorts. I dried and pulled my hair into a ponytail. Then tied it in its position tightly.

I walked down the stairs to the dining room as the sweet smell of pancakes and honey reached my nose.

I grinned. It seemed that Katrina loves to make me my favourite breakfast everyday. I entered the dining room only to see Katrina reading the Daily Profit, the wizard newspaper.

"Mornin' Katrina!" I greeted her. "Top of the day, darlin'," Katrina greeted back. I grinned and she smiled back.

"What's on the profit today?" I asked. "Nothing much. Just some ordinary news about the ministry," Katrina answered.

I dug into my pancakes as a brown farm owl slammed against the dining room window. I giggled at the poor farm owl.

I walked towards the window and opened it for the farm owl. It handed me a letter. Then it nibbled my fingers affectionately as a thank you before flying off. I smiled as I watched the retreating figure of the farm owl. I was really find of owls.

I saw that the letter had a red seal. I read aloud "To Miss Anneberlynn Acacia Blackhill, the room to the right, second floor, Privet Drive 5, Little Whinging, Surrey," I sucked in a shocked breath.

I opened the letter.

Dear Miss Blackhill,
We are glad to announce that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please buy the following items listed below.

PARENTS PLEASE NOTE THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS!

We await your letter no later than 31st July.

Sincerely yours,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

I had read the letter aloud so that Katrina could hear the contents of the letter.

My eyes went wide. "Why didn't you tell me?!" I shrieked at Katrina. She flinched. "I wanted it to be a surprise!" she protested. I squealed from happiness.

"I'm so happy! So where are we gonna get my things?!" I asked excitedly. She chuckled and answered. "At Diagon Alley. We can go there tomorrow," Katrina answered.

I grinned and continued eating my pancakes much happier than I was a moment ago!