Jealous Sabotage Gone Wrong (Aiden x Maya)

Both male and female Jesse are in this, but are not related.  Female Jesse is called "Jessica."  And there's obvious inclusions of two other ships...

Aiden watched as Petra, the toughest girl around walked side by side with the loser of school.

Jesse.

He couldn't help but fume at the thought.  He should be the one to win her heart.  He was tough, and knew a sore loser when he saw one.  Like Jesse.

Jesse was just clumsy, a little childish, and it was clear he wasn't very muscular.  Yet here he was, with a girl who deserved better than that.

But Aiden?  He had money.  He had the looks.  He had muscles.  Wasn't that enough for any girl?  

After all, what the hell did Jesse have that he didn't?

...

Maya was Miss Perfect in school, probably the most popular around.  But there was one problem: she loved Jesse, but he didn't seem to like her back.  He seemed more interested in some tomboy named Petra.

Maya thought she had everything for a boy to fall for--perfect looks, heavy makeup, popularity... everything.  But Petra, that so-called "tough girl," didn't wear any makeup.  Wasn't that ugly?

What did Petra have that she didn't?

...

The Ocelots were sitting together at the lunch tables.  Lukas and Gill were casually eating their lunch, but Aiden and Maya seemed really unhappy.

Why?  Prom was in a few weeks, and people were already finding dates to go to prom.  Even Lukas had gained the courage to ask his crush, Jessica, while Gill won the heart of a blonde girl he had liked for years.  But Aiden and Maya?  They still had no one.

Lukas noticed that Aiden and Maya weren't looking well.  "Is this still about Jesse and Petra?"

After a moment, both nodded sheepishly.

Lukas sighed.  "I hate to sound rude, but get over it, guys," he said.  "Jesse and Petra are a thing, and they're happy."

"Easy for you to say," muttered Aiden.  "How did Petra fall for a loser like Jesse, anyway?"

"Jesse's not the loser!" protested Maya.  "Petra is!"

"ENOUGH!" shouted Lukas, startling the two arguers.  "Just buy singles tickets to prom already!"

"Or couples tickets for each other," muttered Gill.

There was a slight blush on both Maya and Aiden's cheeks.  But that soon faded when Aiden looked at Lukas with determination in his eyes.

"You'll see, Lukas," said Aiden.  "Petra will be mine."

With that Aiden left.  Maya watched her go before she said, "Uh, yeah, maybe I'm going, too."

Lukas and Gill watched her go as well.  Then Gill continued to wolf down his food.

"Wow, Gill," muttered Lukas.

"Sorry, nervous eater," mumbled Gill through his food.

"Not that," said Lukas, nudging his friend.  "You nearly called Aiden and Maya a couple."

"Oh..." Gill paused.  "Was that wrong?"

"Actually, quite the opposite, Gill," replied Lukas, smiling.  "You've given me a really good idea.  We might be able to make a new couple yet before prom rolls around."

Now, both had mischievous smirks on their faces.

"Let's just hope Aiden and Maya don't do something dumb before prom, though," said Gill.