Only For A Moment {H.O} Part 1

Summary: Your boyfriend Harrison was getting deployed, so you leaned on the only person who would understand your pain, his best friend Tom.

Pairing: Harrison Osterfield x Fem!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, fluff, and maybe some angst

❀✿ ・゜゜・.** ・゜゜・.❀✿

"I don't know how I'm going to leave you" Harrison cried into your shoulder. Your boyfriend of 6 months was going into the Marines and today was the day he was getting deployed. This day was just filled with so many emotions that you couldn't put into words how you were feeling. All you could think of was that 6 months wasn't enough. You wanted, no needed, more time with the man you love. You longed for a lifetime with Harrison and now you were afraid you wouldn't get that chance.

But, you didn't want to tell Harrison any of this because he was excited to go. As much as he hated leaving his family, Tom, and you, the Marines was his passion ever since he was exposed to the ROTC program at school. He immediately fell love with it and the day he was accepted into the Marines was one of the happiest days of his life, besides the day he met you of course. And as much as you didn't want him to leave and feared that this would be the last time you would ever see him, you were beyond proud of him. So, you didn't let your emotions get the best of you and you put on a brave face for your brave boy.

"Don't worry baby, everything is going to be fine, and I'm gonna write you letters everyday. I may even include some sultry pictures if I'm feeling frisky" you said with a smirk as you hugged Harrison. You even earned a chuckle from him.

"Fuck, now I'm even more excited to go!" Harrison said, with a little more excitement than you anticipated.

"Oi I so didn't need to hear any of this" Tom spoke from behind the two of you. You almost forgot he was even there. When you're with Harrison, you tend to enter your own little world where only the two of you existed, so you've never really gotten the chance to get to know Tom. I mean sure the three of you would hangout but you guys just mostly watched movies and Tom would get annoyed at Harrison and you for always making out and never watching the film. But you knew Tom was a good guy and thats all that mattered to you.

"Oh be quiet Holland," you moaned as you pulled away from the hug, "I just want to make sure he is going to remember me."

"There is not doubt in my mind that he will remember you, it's me I'm worried about!" Tom complained as he approached his best friend.

"Man, I'll never forget about you, your my mate for life. But I mean, if you want to include some photos like Y/N..." Harrison said with a wink. This made Tom laugh as he brought in Harrison for a hug.

"Wow, you haven't even left yet and I'm already getting replaced." You stated with a little laugh. Part of you was joking, but the other was also completely terrified that this would actually happen. Not being replaced by Tom, but Harrison meeting a girl in the Marines that was prettier than you, smarter than you, and just all around better than you. But, of course, you bit your tongue and didn't let Harrison know how you were feeling. You didn't want to burden him with your fears.

"I could never replace you love," Harrison swore as he brought you into a sweet and simple kiss, your favorite kind.

"Now Boarding Flight 217 to Iraq" came up over the loudspeaker of the airport. Words you have been dreading to hear, but ones you knew would be coming sooner or later.

"Well that's my ride. I love you guys so much and I promise I'm going to write you both everyday. And yes Y/N, I will try to include some nice photos for you too" Harrison croaked as he was about to leave us.