Chapter 45.

I anxiously paced back and forth in front of the hospital building, waiting for Harry to come out. It had been a little over a week since he got admitted and it was finally time for him to come home.

"Honey, are you okay?" Anne said softly where she was standing next to Harry's car.

"Mhm," I mumbled and shot her a quick smile.

Harry's mum had insisted she should come with and pick her son up, then she wanted to have us over for dinner. I didn't know how Harry would feel about that since I really hadn't spoken to him about it.

Maybe he wanted to go home straight away. Maybe he still was too tired to do anything else than laying in bed.

The sliding doors suddenly parted and Harry's lean body appeared. I stopped pacing and shrieked, running over to him and carefully throwing my arms around his neck.

He chuckled and caught me, pulling me in tight. "Hi there, baby. Missed me so much?"

"Yeah, you have no idea," I said and breathed in his calming scent.

I'd visited him just yesterday but it felt like ages ago. Having him in the hospital unsettled me and I kept worrying about his health. His discharge was a huge relief.

He kissed me on the cheek and stiffened. "What's my mum doing here?" he whispered.

"Oh, she wanted to come pick you up and cook us dinner. I couldn't tell her no," I winced.

"It's fine. Though I'd rather take you home and get you naked," he said with a smirk.

I giggled and patted his back. "Good things come to those who wait."

"Has she been asking any questions?" he said lowly as he grabbed my hand and walked us toward his car.

"Not really, I mean of course she's wondering why her son got stabbed but I told her a burglar broke in," I shrugged.

I didn't know how much she knew about Harry's lifestyle and line of work so I figured it was better for him to tell her the story.

"Good," he mumbled and released my hand to hug his mum.

"Oh, Harry," Anne sniffed and clung desperately to her son. "What on earth happened?"

"Hi Mum, good to see you too," he laughed. "I'll tell you over dinner. I hope your making my favourite."

She laughed and stepped away from his embrace, wiping under her eyes. "Of course, I wouldn't dare anything else."

Harry gave a satisfied nod and made his way over to the driver's side. Anne quickly ran after him and put a hand over his.

"What are you doing?" he asked bewildered.

She huffed. "You are not driving."

Harry shook his head with an amused smile and gave her a peck on the forehead. "I might've been stabbed but I didn't forget how to drive a car."

"Don't argue with me. I won't let you drive the first thing you do. Now get in the back with Ella."

He sighed and resigned, opening the back door. "Are you coming, baby?" he said and look over at me.

I smiled at their exchange and climbed in beside Harry in the backseat. He grabbed my hand and twined our fingers together.

"I can't wait until I get you all by myself tonight," he whispered, his eyes narrowing slightly.

I shot a glance at Anne but she was busy trying to figure out how the radio worked.

"You're unbelievable," I whispered back with a laugh.