LUCAS X KIM SOHYUN

YUKHEI X KIM SO HYUN IMAGINE

TITLE: My Friend's Desktop Wallpaper

Yukhei's POV

All my life I didn't take any girls seriously.

I would date a few, then break up because they're boring. Other girls would just want to be my friend just so they can get into my pants. They never care about who I am, they care about the guy I appear to be. A player. A fuckboy. A good-for-nothing heartbreaker collecting his jar of hearts. But is it a crime to say that I'm just finding the right one for me?

It's the same thing over and over again. And so I wonder: will I ever fall in love for real?

But, that all changed one day. I know this sounds crazy, but it changed all thanks to one girl. Cliché. I know. But she was different. Up until then, I treated all my female friends as my bros. I called them "man" and avoided falling for them in fear that they wouldn't see me for me like my exes did. But after seeing that girl, I felt, there was something there. A spark.

She was my friend's desktop wallpaper.

"Xuxi, I thought you had to log in to your Facebook, why are you staring at my desktop like a crazy guy?"

"Who's this?" I pointed to the beautiful girl on the screen who was smiling delightfully at me. She was cute. I always liked cute girls. Not the trying too hard to be cute kinds but the naturally cute kinds.

She's that girl.

She's the one.

My friend's desktop wallpaper, will you be my girlfriend?

"Oh, that? She's Kim Sohyun. A famous Korean actress. Why do you ask?"

"She's.. breathtaking." was all I could say. She had perfect teeth. Pearly white, very bright. She had eyes that had emotion, eyes that were sincere. Other girls look at me with lust, they only want me for what's on the surface but what if she could be different? I knew she was a celebrity, but I couldn't help but wonder. If I had been born in Korea, could I have met her?

Ever since then I did my research on Kim Sohyun and watched her dramas. I couldn't care about anything else but her. I saved her picture and set it as my phone wallpaper. I woke up everyday and opened my phone just so I could see her face. I told my mom I fell in love, so I showed her Sohyun's photo. She called me stupid and said I don't even know her personally. But I told mother "I'm gonna marry this girl, mom". Instead of having a touching reaction she hit me with her frying pan and told me to clean my room. But I knew. I was going to marry Sohyun one day, no matter what people said!

To me, Sohyun was my world. She was the toy I never got for Christmas. The remote which was always there but I never saw. The nerd to my bad boy. I know I sound creepy, all my friends just laugh at me, but I like her. And all I ever wished for was to see her personally.

And that's when they announced Kim Sohyun's fansign here in Hong Kong.

I felt nervous. I got a ticket. I went there with my friend, and he promised me he'd be there for me. "Try not to freak her out, man." he said. "Get her a gift, she'll remember you that way."

"You really think so?" I asked anxiously. I took out my phone and asked Google, my greatest friend. What is the perfect gift to get for a girl I like?

Google said you might want a teddy bear holding a heart with your name on it, Yukhei.

Thanks Google.

Instantly, I got to work. I bought a bear holding a heart and I sowed my name unto that shit, I SOWED IT. Power, man. Sohyun will like it, I thought. I worked so hard on it. She'll like it, wouldn't she?